What size monitors do you recommend? ***update, I got them***

I love the way these sound tbh, best yamys ive ever heard. Ive got some insulated cloth covers for them but no hard cases, as im hoping if these get hired its something they can come collect from my warehouse and set up them selves.

I do have a case for the desk obviously. I can also upgrade any parts of this system indervidually which means i have lots of options depending on what people want. so im excited to get them hired out!

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Let me know what you think! I'm getting another couple pairs of my EV 12's and have them up for rent for pairs. Eventually will pick up a couple small mixers to keep with them, and maybe the Studiolive 1602.

POTATO!

Let me know what you think! I'm getting another couple pairs of my EV 12's and have them up for rent for pairs. Eventually will pick up a couple small mixers to keep with them, and maybe the Studiolive 1602.

the 1602 isnt bad. But it has nearly none of the features that the 24 has, like the graphics, which are a big part of buying a digital desk (even if they are a pain to use like on the presonus) saying that they are still great desks, why not look into getting something rack mountbale. like the A&H zed series, some have built in effects. they are nice desks and in the rack under it you chuck a couple of stereo graphics and your on your way, alot more robust then a 1602 for hireing thats for sure.

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

the 1602 isnt bad. But it has nearly none of the features that the 24 has, like the graphics, which are a big part of buying a digital desk (even if they are a pain to use like on the presonus) saying that they are still great desks, why not look into getting something rack mountbale. like the A&H zed series, some have built in effects. they are nice desks and in the rack under it you chuck a couple of stereo graphics and your on your way, alot more robust then a 1602 for hireing thats for sure.

It was just an idea for smaller acoustic groups, and they would be case mounted. The 1602's have 12 channels, 3-band EQ and compression. Good enough for most, but then again a lot of groups like that have their own passive systems. The 1602's are rackmountable too IIRC, just different brackets. Probably would rather do the 1642 for a rental system, few more channels, aux sends, FX, etc. If I do rent stuff out, they will be in cases. I saw on Audiopile's site (same site I ordered my new EWI mic cables) that they have cases for speakers, specifically the PRX612M's, but they're about the same size. I plan on buying rolling cases for all my stuff to make it safer for them to transport.

POTATO!

i was really close to buying a 24.4.2 but decided to hang off for a bit to see what the new behringer desk is going to be like!

The only thing with buying rolling cases for hire gear that i can see is that if they collect it from you and dont have a van then cases are a huge item to fit into a car. Thats why i bought soft cases. so that it protects them yet it doesnt add to the size of them

i was really close to buying a 24.4.2 but decided to hang off for a bit to see what the new behringer desk is going to be like!

The only thing with buying rolling cases for hire gear that i can see is that if they collect it from you and dont have a van then cases are a huge item to fit into a car. Thats why i bought soft cases. so that it protects them yet it doesnt add to the size of them

I still have a hard time trusting Behringer. Even though they bought Midas, the reliability is still questionable, and the board just looks too toy-ish to me. If I had to choose, I'd definitely either choose the Studiolive, or the Soundcraft Si series. I LOVE my Presonus for sure. Of course, I could be completely full of shit, lol.

POTATO!

yeah im hoping this wont be too bad for a small hire desk.

oh acutally! if you wanted to know i put a down payment on a iLive T112 today aswel :P will be a couple of months till I completely pay it off and receive the desk but im so excited! Ive had a lot of people ask for them and ive been sub hireing them in the past so i thought id buy one. this does mean i wont be able to get the new amps i wanted but my old ones still work fine! just wanted more power :P

oh acutally! if you wanted to know i put a down payment on a iLive T112 today aswel :P will be a couple of months till I completely pay it off and receive the desk but im so excited! Ive had a lot of people ask for them and ive been sub hireing them in the past so i thought id buy one. this does mean i wont be able to get the new amps i wanted but my old ones still work fine! just wanted more power :P

That actually looks just like what Berry's making. Still, just too toyish, and I've heard more reliability issues from A&H as well, everyone swears by them but I've heard of people having problems out of them.

POTATO!

I swear by a&h. Amazing quality stuff. There's no way that is toyish compared to the Presonus!!! The berry yeah maybe. But not the a&h it's a whole different league!

Archived