What size monitors do you recommend? ***update, I got them***

I swear by a&h. Amazing quality stuff. There's no way that is toyish compared to the Presonus!!! The berry yeah maybe. But not the a&h it's a whole different league!

Eh, people have their own opinions and choices, lol. We used an older model A&H Mixwizard for the mainstage at a gig this past weekend. Not a bad lil' board. I know A&H isn't toyish in itself, just the appearance turns me away. The Presonus has a nice user-friendly look, without looking too cheesy IMHO.

POTATO!

opinions are opinions :) im glad all your gear is working nicely for ya though man

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

• 3 weeks later...

Since it's a bit later, you had them out yet? I heard a set of the Club series 15's at a festival in my grandfather's hometown, but I think the guy either 1. blew the horns or 2. couldn't EQ worth a shit, because it sounded horrible. Did you ever think about throwing in a dual 15 band EQ or something? Probably wouldn't hurt.

POTATO!

Hey man, I actually just got back from a small bar gig using this pa haha.

I have changed a few things which i havent updated on here, the effect unit has been removed as I added a slightly larger desk that has built in effects, okay they arent the best in the world but as a hire rig its more then enough.

In the two empty spaces that left me with i added a stereo 31band (has L+R input and output but only one set of 31 faders, which is applied to both sides) for FOH and under it i have a dual 15band eq for the monitors, this was after a few suggestions that it would be a nice thing to have.

I am very impressed with these, this gig i did tonight, i have been doing events in this bar for many many years and normally take a 15+horn each side, I took these smaller yammy speakers today and it sounded mint! i was running them pretty hard as they are half the power of the 15's i normally take but they did the job perfectly.

this was the last chance im going to have to get to use these for a wile as the next month at least is already fully booked :) i guess thats a good thing hah. Yeah, im looking at buying some of the double 15" club series mid/highs soon. I already have the JBL SRX's but want to give these a go, I am quickly having all my equipment booked so i really need to buy more anyway :) why hello there bank loan :L

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Hey man, I actually just got back from a small bar gig using this pa haha.

I have changed a few things which i havent updated on here, the effect unit has been removed as I added a slightly larger desk that has built in effects, okay they arent the best in the world but as a hire rig its more then enough.

In the two empty spaces that left me with i added a stereo 31band (has L+R input and output but only one set of 31 faders, which is applied to both sides) for FOH and under it i have a dual 15band eq for the monitors, this was after a few suggestions that it would be a nice thing to have.

I am very impressed with these, this gig i did tonight, i have been doing events in this bar for many many years and normally take a 15+horn each side, I took these smaller yammy speakers today and it sounded mint! i was running them pretty hard as they are half the power of the 15's i normally take but they did the job perfectly.

this was the last chance im going to have to get to use these for a wile as the next month at least is already fully booked :) i guess thats a good thing hah. Yeah, im looking at buying some of the double 15" club series mid/highs soon. I already have the JBL SRX's but want to give these a go, I am quickly having all my equipment booked so i really need to buy more anyway :) why hello there bank loan :L

Yammy's higher end stuff has usually been good. I listened to their DSR series at a local shop and they sounded nice, but holy f*** they were huge and heavy...

POTATO!

Haha yup. They sure are, I hung 4 dsr's into a theatre. I don't know why I choose to hang the heaviest bloody cabs ever

Haha yup. They sure are, I hung 4 dsr's into a theatre. I don't know why I choose to hang the heaviest bloody cabs ever

My thoughts exactly. For a permamount operation, they are alright. But for a mobile service or any other, I just can't see them being that great. I'll stick with the EV's and eventually either the PRX600/KW's. Lol

POTATO!

I love me some JBL's :)

Whr have you got? I think my microwedge 15's win the monitor battle :)

Archived