Second Skin Audio

Daily setup questions.

the smd and sp4 arent spl woofers. "spl" woofers are meant to take 20,000w on a two second burp, in a box that is tuned to 60hz.

the smd and sp4 are marketed towards being able to play loud, all day long. the last i checked at least

What about waiting for a Nightshade V3....

The V2 is a beast and V3 im sure wont dissapoint...meant to get loud but be used as a Daily sub at the same time....kinda the same niche as a SMD or sp4

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I'm going off what I've been learning stalking the interwebs the past few years, and the specs of the subwoofers. From what I've heard, and what the specs look like, the SP4's and SMD's should be awesome musical ground pounder subs.

The great thing about these public forums is that if I'm wrong, people who know more than me can come in and correct me. And than the OP will be better informed, and I'll learn something new! :)

Oh, might be a little out of your budget, but I hear that the TC Sounds LMS Ultra is one of the best sounding subs in the world! My dream woofer.

Thank You man, I'm just like you just looking to learn as much as I can and i never even heard of that TC sound sub. Are the other one as good as that model? I can't fit an 18 and I checked and that model only comes in a 18. Thanks a lot man your just making me better informed.

the smd and sp4 arent spl woofers. "spl" woofers are meant to take 20,000w on a two second burp, in a box that is tuned to 60hz.

the smd and sp4 are marketed towards being able to play loud, all day long. the last i checked at least

I understand what you mean with the spl subs but what i meant was that I read that a lot of subs like the SP4 get really loud and hit the lows real nice but that in the higher frequencies they sound crappy. Is that because of the boxes they are in or because its the woofer itself? If its the box I'm pretty sure PWK can design something that would respond better. Im just looking for a really well rounded sub that can get really loud. Not looking for pure SQ or pure SPL just somewhere in-between. Thank you for your input.

What about waiting for a Nightshade V3....

The V2 is a beast and V3 im sure wont dissapoint...meant to get loud but be used as a Daily sub at the same time....kinda the same niche as a SMD or sp4

Hey man Ive just started to look into the Sundowns and they seem pretty damn amazing. I'm doing a bit of HW and reading up on them and seeing how people feel about them. They seem to do well but Ive read that in the sundown line that the Z series would work a lot better for my goals.

This really sucks, there are so many to chose from and I have no clue which way to shift.