DC Sound Lab

Is there anyway to tell whether I have an M1 or M2? What is the RATED watt difference between the two, and what can they actually handle daily?

Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5Front Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsRear Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsSubs: 2 12" Obsidian V2 w/ Upgraded Black Aluminum SPL coilsBox: 5.94 Cubic Foot Tuned to 34 HZSub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1

Mids/Highs Amp: Rockford Fosgate 120.2

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X396Electrical: Single Run of American Bass 1/0, Single Run of American Bass 8 Gauge, Big 3 Upgrade

Build Loghttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161818-1999-toyota-4runner-sr5/

You can look at the motor and tell the difference.

M1 has one hole on the back.

M2 has more than one hole. I think 6 or 7.

Not entirely sure on the rated difference though.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

looks like I'm stuck with an old M1. Anybody know the wattage? I know M2's are rated at 1400/2800.

Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5Front Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsRear Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsSubs: 2 12" Obsidian V2 w/ Upgraded Black Aluminum SPL coilsBox: 5.94 Cubic Foot Tuned to 34 HZSub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X396Electrical: Single Run of American Bass 1/0, Single Run of American Bass 8 Gauge, Big 3 Upgrade

Build Loghttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161818-1999-toyota-4runner-sr5/

i believe rated at 900wrms?

m2's I think have the new baskets too?

If its rated at 900, what do you think it could actually do without damaging it, or are they rated pretty truly?

People have been known to put more power to them. I'd say that you can stay safe at 1200.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

People have been known to put more power to them. I'd say that you can stay safe at 1200.

that sounds pretty safe.... here's a video of an m2 lvl 4 supposedly taking 2000+ wrms

OP, if you run more than its rated, then I would make sure that the music your playing is clean and NOT clipped

I've been running it at 1 ohm doing 1400 watts, and so far there hasn't been any noticeable damage. I'll check on the o scope tomorrow to see if I'm clipping or not.

I'm pretty sure the m1's were rated at 1000watts rms. And keep your power to around there. Don't give them too much power unless you know what your doing and have your gain properly set

06 Chrysler 300

Pioneer avh-x8500bhs

Hertz Hsk 130.4

Alpine mrp-F600

2 Dc level 4 12s

Dc 2k

Viper 5901

SHCA wiring

KnuKonceptz RCA's

SecondSkin/Fatmat

Big 3-stock alt

Don't give them too much power unless you know what your doing and have your gain properly set

I used a DMM and set it to about 37 volts which was what it should've been at 1400 watts when I though it was the M2. Should this be okay, or should I turn it down?