Sundown Audio

Need new 4ch

siucsaluki11

So, in the past 2 months, my old sub amp died, bought BRZ1700.1D.....killed that cuz of too weak of an electrical system i think. So i bought an HC1400 for under my hood. I put the replacement BRZ (the one i got back after i sent in the fucked up one) in, and my new battery, had it running for a day and a half, and my alpine MRP-F300 died yesterday. My mids and highs cut out randomly but the bass still plays, so I'm assuming its the amp not the HU. If i turn it down, the sound will come back for a bit, then it goes, and i have to turn it down, it comes back, then it goes after a short bit.

Im looking to keep my budget to 160 for a new 4ch, looking at onlinecarstereo and sonicelectronix, I've had good luck dealing with both companies. Im looking at the Hifonics ZRX600.4, but since the ZRX1000.4 is only $10 more, thats a serious contender. But I'm open to other suggestions. Also, does anyone on here have any experience with these amps, anything you could say about them as to why to or not to get one of them? I only need ~50w RMS per channel, but headroom is nice to have, so I'm not opposed to getting the ZRX1000.4 and keeping the gain turned down.

Currently my BRZ is being run at 2 ohms, but in the future i plan on going to either a pair of 12s or single 15 at 1 ohm, and putting something new in the doors, hence me leaning towards the more powerful amp....especially since its only an extra $10. But if you guys can throw out some other good ideas for the 160 or less mark, making 50+ w RMS a channel at 4 ohms, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

seriously, nobody has any opinion on these amps? Or at least some input? Im going to start a thread for this in the general spot,

MODS: delete this thread if you wish.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Archived