Voltage Problems

I just swapped my alt and battery. My alt had recently went bad and my battery had drained. So as I bought a new alt from Autozone, i had the battery tested and it had a dead cell. So replaced them both. After the install i cranked up my system, i noticed that the voltage gauge on my dash dropped to about 10 to 11 volts. Before this gauge never moved. I am running Alpine D310, kicker SS's up front, kicker RS's in the rear, two 12'' L7's, kicker 1500.1 and a kicker 650.4. Do you guys think that maybe the new alt is not as stronge as the other or what. I have not changed anything, but i also had my spare batt cheaked. It is a stinger power max sp1250, it was checked and charged at Oriellys. So im lost.

Red

Alpine IVA-D310 w/Alpine Blackbird Navigation

Kicker SS upfront

Kicker RS inrear

06zx 650.4

06zx 1500.1

0612''L7 x2

dry cell in the back

4 ga. wiring thoughout

15'' Clarion Drop down monitor/dvd player

Big III

Dream List:

Bigger Alt

15'' L7 x2

06zx 1500.1 (anther one)

1/o ga.

What were the specs on the old alt & batt? What are the specs on the new alt & batt? Have you done the Big 3? Check all your connections.

well the old alt and batt came with the my truck, the new batt is a duralast gold, and the alt is 105 amp with heavy dury reman. Big 3, do you mean the starter also, have not touched it.

Kicker SS upfront

Kicker RS inrear

06zx 650.4

06zx 1500.1

0612''L7 x2

dry cell in the back

4 ga. wiring thoughout

Big III

Dream List:

Bigger Alt

15'' L7 x2

06zx 1500.1 (anther one)

1/o ga.

Big 3 = Upgraded wires from alternator + to battery +, battery - to chassis, battery - to engine. So far my guess would be that this remanufactured alternator isn't as good as your old one but you still shouldn't be seeing voltage drops like that with a decent second battery in the back.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

yea, i will take it back to the place i got it installed, i know a lil bit about car stereo but i havent seen anything like this before, just thought i could get some tips or something, but thanks anyway.

Kicker SS upfront

Kicker RS inrear

06zx 650.4

06zx 1500.1

0612''L7 x2

dry cell in the back

4 ga. wiring thoughout

Big III

Dream List:

Bigger Alt