Sundown Audio

Strange amp problem

Not sure what's going on but my Scosche EFX 4300HD keeps cutting out at high volume when the bass hits in my car. I've checked all my wiring and made sure I have good grounds, etc. Electrical seems to keep up just fine (only drops to 13.6 at full tilt) and nothing else shuts off. I watched it last night and it's not going into protect, it just shuts off when the bass hits then it pops back on. I thought maybe the amp was going bad so I swapped it with one of the 4 ch from my truck and put this one in the truck and it works fine in there and the other one works fine in the car. Gains were set with a DMM and then turned down a hair just to be safe. I would just keep the amps swapped but the one from my truck won't fit in the space available in the car. Any ideas on what else to check would be great.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Nope checked them all and everything was good. Even pulled my h/u and eq to make sure the rca's were all connected good.

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

Speakers are at a lower ohm then what the amp is stable at.

could be this.

what are you wiring to the amp? model numbers would help greatly

how do you have it wired to the amp?

could be this.

what are you wiring to the amp? model numbers would help greatly

how do you have it wired to the amp?

i thought this normally put it into protect though?

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Nope amp is 2ohm stable and speakers are all 4 ohm.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that the amp isn't getting hot, barely warmer than ambient temperature even after playing for a little while at the max it will without cutting out.

It's 2 sets of components that are 4 ohm @ the x-over so the amp is seeing 4 ohms per channel.