Is this possible...

Kenwood kivbt901 just tuned it with my dd1 just for highs amp cause I don't have any subs in yet....no clipping all the way turned up and no clipping with all the settings turned all the way up!!! I was very surprised and I didn't know a headunit could do this. I feel like I messed up haha. But it sounds good so no complaints from me :)

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

yeah, its possible. i tried a dd-1 in my car, had to add a line driver just to get enough pre-out voltage for the dd-1 to even read it (pissed me the fuck off) then went all the way up without the led coming on. didnt know if it was clean or low signal. i like to know exactly whats going on, versus waiting to see if a light comes on, then hoping that damn light is right. i eventually just said "fuck this" and bought an oscilloscope. no worries now.

dont get me wrong, im not trying to trash the dd-1 at all. its a great unit for certain applications, and i still plan to buy my own, but only for setting sub amps with. as far as headunits go, and processors go, i trust my wife setting them by ear more than i do the dd-1, and my wife dont know a god damned thing about audio. i prefer to set all my crossovers with the oscilloscope as well.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

yeah i understand that. the 1k and 40hz lights didnt really turn on till 30/35 but throughout 35 it didnt clip. then i said fuck it ill turn the settings all the way up and no clipping...but like i said that was just the front and rear outputs

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

yeah i understand that. the 1k and 40hz lights didnt really turn on till 30/35 but throughout 35 it didnt clip. then i said fuck it ill turn the settings all the way up and no clipping...but like i said that was just the front and rear outputs

the biggest actual complaint i have about the dd-1 is the 40hz and 1khz thing. for example, when im going to a show, i like to setup at my peak frequency, vs some random frequency that an electronic device is setup to read at. so i go to a show, 47hz test tone, setup stuff, then go to the lanes.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

i was wondering that to. but its a great product cant really satisfy everyone ya know? because everyone would have different frequencies and stuff