Sonic Electronix

Hey I'm brandnew to this site. And have a few questions, I'm a noobie/rookie into the car audio world. I have a single 12" kicker L7 2ohms with a 08zx1500.1 amp birth sheet say 1698max watts is that amp to powerfull for my sub?

And I want to get a 4channel amp I'm leaning towards the hifonics zrx2000.4 amp 250w at 4ohms on 4ch. But I want to order (4) beyma 6g40nd for my doors and rear deck, what watts will I get if I wire (2) beymas on ch1 and the other (2) beymas on ch2 on 4ohms? Will I still get 250wats on each speaker ? Or will it cut in half at 125watts per speaker ? And I figured I order (4) Pyriamd t47 tweeters and I'll wire (2) of them on ch3 and the other (2) on ch4 at 4ohms will this be ok? And how many watts will I be getting each speaker?

Thanks guys.

Well that amp claims 250x4@4ohms @.05% thd, like you said. Of course after you are wired up and playing "music" and after impedance rise i would say ballpark you might see 200x4 (don't take that as gospel). You won't know for sure until you just hook it up and clamp it to see.

So each beyma will see half of that, so 100w each.

Not sure about the tweeter because i googled them and got squat for results.

Is your L7 dual 2 or Dual 4? because that amp isn't 1ohm stable so theres that.

edit for grammar

Edited by strangeduck

I believe the 12 inch L7 is 750 watts.. Like strangeduck said, you need to find out if they're dual 2 or 4 ohm coils. As for the amp...It's definitely too much. You would be better off selling that amp, and buying an amp dedicated for your sub, and another amp dedicated for your mids/highs. I will get flamed for saying it, but personally I LOVE hifonics amps. They're cheap and I have gotten the best quality out of them in every way. A Hifonics Brutus 1200.1d will be 900w RMS @ 2 ohm for your sub which would be great for you. It even comes with a bass knob. This amp is only $145 shipped to your door brand new. As for your mids and highs, you need to be a little more clear about how much your trying to push. Personally I own a Hifonics ZRX600.4. It's plenty for me and I'm pushing 4 6.5inch speakers with 75rms a piece and also 4 tweeters. If this is too much than you can always turn it down. If not Hifonics for mids/highs I recommend Alpine or Kicker. Both of their 4 channel amps have always satisfied me as well. As for you sub if you don't want Hifonics, go with a 750.1 if you plan on staying with Kicker amps. Hope this helps!

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

The sub is 2ohms so I'll belive it dvc 2ohms and I'm going to run a lanzar opti500x2 amp and bridge my beyma 6g40nd to to set of two for 4ohms and should push close to 250watts each speaker. And I want my voice to scream clean and clear. And I only got the zx1500.1 cuz it was bnib for $175 and my local audio shop they was closing down. And the tweeters are pyramid t47 tweeters 300rms/600max I was gonna under power them with (2) RadioShack 100watt pa horns on either my precision power 580.4 or the hifonics zues 2000.4 amp.

Keep your Kicker amp, and be careful with the gain. Keep your PPI amp too !

Why do you want those mids & highs ? I would make it more simple with some good sets of components (Alpine type R or X, RF got some good ones too,...etc).

Did you ever listened to a setup like the one you want ? Try to run one or 2 comp sets, it must be enough for your system.

Good luck !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.