JL Audio 500/1 (Fried)

i guess if you can afford to buy a slash at retail price you can probably afford to replace it when it fries

that is still a pretty incredible amp if you look at the voltage range where its rated i think down to 11 volts , and the fact that you can run 1.5 ohms to 4 ohms and get rated power , there's a reason why people pay so damn much to have one of these . but knowing my luck i would spend $200 on ebay or at a pawn shop and have my slash amp fry out a month or 2 later .

They work on lower voltage and do rated at any impedance for one reason and one reason only: strictly regulated power supply.

Otherwise they are just nice looking, well built, if a little overpriced daily amps.

I'm gonna hate

i've done it a few times and as long as you take the board out its not that bad

You must remove the board, the FETS are always soldered in on the other side and you don't want a glob of solder getting between the PCB and amp case anyhow.

i have been tempted to get a slash amp but i see too many of them dead on ebay , to me for what that amp would cost to replace or buy it should be more reliable than it is .

Because a lot of people own them, including a vast crowd of know-nothings who get them installed just because they say JL on them. Since the amps never really change from generation to generation (cosmetically/performance wise) they, like a Rolex watch, hold value whether broken old or otherwise. The fact that so many people own them make them a common namesake and easy to sell, so the incentive to buy and fix them is pretty high when one gets into amp repair.

I'm gonna hate