Second Skin Audio

Budget system suggestions

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy my first system. I have an oppurtunity to buy two 10" Earthquake dbxi's for $60 in a prefab sealed box. Not sure of the voice coil configuration yet but I can figure it out soon. I'm also able to buy an 800 watt Pioneer amp for $50.

I was wondering if that setup would be a good system to start off with and possibly cost effective.

Any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated because I'm sort of a beginner at this stuff.

Obviously you are looking for something to put together a very cheap system and to do that you will probably need to buy used

And if you buy those earthquakes we can make a good ported box for ya. Or with whatever woofers you go with for that matter.

But I think he's looking for other ideas for a system that could be as cheap as this but I just can't think of anything..

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

well why dont ya get your lazy ass off of infected and earn yourself some more money so you can buy Chode69's dc neos haha

any ideas for a couple subs and amp for around $200-300?

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

I am about to run 3 dbxi 12's and selling my type r 12's. The dbxi get pretty damn loud and move a ton of air. They have a decent motor if you want to recone them. For that price I would snag them. For power look at audiopipe apsm 1300 if they are the dvc version since they are 500rms woofers. The single voice coil subs have a larger 2.5"vc where as the dvc have 2 2"vc.

Then I would just build a new box since these subs like ported boxes but they can work in any design. That pioneer amp wont do much for these subs honestly they seem to be power hungry.

the tens sound like a good deal to me , but i wouldn't bother with the pioneer amp unless you would use it to run mids and highs . i think for a small budget hifonics amp might be the way to go for powering subs .

if you pass on the tens , a single 15 is not a bad way to go , i think i would buy the tens just to play with and re-sell to make a buck if they aren't trashed .

ebay might be tempting , but i will tell you the last 4-5 things i have bought car audio related off ebay have turned out to be duds in some way or a nother , used gear that is . might be a different story buying from a big seller who sells new stuff .

I know you don't want to spend a lot of money, but be smart about it. If you spend just a bit more, get better than the cheppist equipment. Do a bit of research on your own. get a few different setups together. Then, decide the bet way to go. I went BIG the first time, spent a lot, then went smaller and almost as loud. Could have spent a lot less money, if I did better reserch i could have saved 5grand. If you get the cheapist, your going to have problems, then spend money to fix it. Good luck. There are a lot og people here that will help out and sell better equipment than if you go elswhere.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

other options are the american bass xd series, b stock skar audio in the skar section, and even look into maybe like jh said go for a good quality single 15. The american bass tnt 15 is a very solid woofer for right at 150 bucks as is the obsidian audio, and the skar is 170 b stock so those are things to consider.

I am about to run 3 dbxi 12's and selling my type r 12's. The dbxi get pretty damn loud and move a ton of air. They have a decent motor if you want to recone them. For that price I would snag them. For power look at audiopipe apsm 1300 if they are the dvc version since they are 500rms woofers. The single voice coil subs have a larger 2.5"vc where as the dvc have 2 2"vc.

Then I would just build a new box since these subs like ported boxes but they can work in any design. That pioneer amp wont do much for these subs honestly they seem to be power hungry.

On sonic it says that the tens are 400 rms but it could be wrong. I just suggested that 800 watt pioneer since i didn't really want to suggest to someone whose first system it is to overpower the subs but if you have first hand experience then i will not question that since I have none.

Hifonics amps is a good idea like the BRZ1200.1d http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23548_Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ1200.1D.html which is def. a better amp than my pioneer one, it just costs more obviously