Sonic Electronix

So I'm looking to the future, and it is going to be a bit till i can do a new build, but I'm antsy, and its time to start to plan....

Vehicle is a 2010 Lancer DE (rear seats dont fold) and i can fit a box with max external dims of 17x21.5x30

Currently have 2 12' Clarion PXW1251s in a box thats about 3.5 cubes at 34 Hz, but they are about 5 years old now, and i think its time to update....

Im looking at either a PSI Platform 2, AQ HDC3, Fi BL, TFS Igor at the moment, and always open to other suggestions.

I will be powering the sub off the current BRZ1700D i have at a final load of 1 ohm.

For the past 3 years, I've had no trunk, my ported box for a pair of 12s has taken the whole thing up. So I'm rather used to not having it there to use. Im debating between a single 15 or a single 12 of one of the above mentioned subs. If i do a 12, i plan on doing some nice amp racks, rather the just mounting them to the back of the box (which i know, its bad for them but I'm strapped for space). If i go with a 15, ill most likely have to keep to mounted on the box.....

IF you guys were in my shoes, what choice would you go with and why? My clarions were much louder in my blazer, and i sure do miss that, but they don't slouch in my trunk either, I'm mostly trying to decide on which sub to go with, and do i want to go 15 and say fuck my trunk like I've always done, or do i want to build a nice amp rack, and see how loud i can get just 1 12?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

well, i guess im on my own, im thinking if i can find space to fit batteries and amp racks im going to either run 2 12s with more power on them, run a single 15, or run a single 12 with a LOT of power on it....im tinkering with designing new boxes in my time, which is a PITA since i have a mac, and my HP crashes all the time, so its a bitch to run WinISD or BBP6 to compare what COULD come out of a potential setup....decisions decisions....if i go with a new pair of 12s...i have a world of options....

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I would go for a 15 if you have the space and find a different spot to mount the amp. Possibly a side custom mount? Mounting the amp on the box when the sub is banging isn't good for your amp

i think a single 15 is a good solution for a trunk car , you save some trunk space and the bass from a 15 seems to be better for a trunk setup , i have had a few trunk cars and ran 2-12s and tried a single 15 and i always liked the 15 better than the 12s

thanks guys, i was leaning towards a single 15 personally....

and yeah, i want to work on some sort of side amp rack, cuz i know having it mounted on the back of the box (the port wall on my currnt box) cant be good for them....Im thinking single 15 off 1500-2kw...but what to go with?

ever since finding steve's vids with the 4 btls on youtube i have been wanting to experience a big sub or 2 from fi

ive head a lot of AQs in person, and only one Fi Q, but im leaning towards the Fi BL, also looking at PSI platform 2, TechForce Services iGor or SSA Xcon

Archived