Second Skin Audio

So how much clean power can the SA-8 v2 take?

These are fairly cheap, and I'm bored...i designed a 4th order for one of these, 1.4 cubes tuned to 47Hz 31 sq in of port and a sealed chamber of .6 cubes. I can give up a lot more room, but i kinda want to experiment with one of these little guys, see what it can do, and give a try at 4th orders also...I know one SA8 in a 4th order probably won't be as loud as my 2 12s in a 4 cube box tuned to 33 Hz, but I'm curious as to what it can do...how much power can one of these handle? Does this sound like a decent enclosure to you guys? Overall external dims would be 12 3/4 x 17 x 30. Might be nice to have some of my trunk back....but still have good bass....does this sound like a reasonable 4th order design? No, the port would not be adjustable, so to change tuning id have to build a new box...still gotta run it through BBP or winISD, but my back is acting up and i can't sleep, so far tonight I've designed a 4th order for a 12" Xcon (i really want to try that, or just get a 15 and port it) and this 4th order for the SA-8. Also, in an enclosure like this, what kinda power could one of these guys handle? I have a BRZ 1700 (it obviously won't take this things full force, i would most likely run it at either 2 or 4 ohms depending on what this woofer can actually take.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I've seen someone run an NS-1 on a pair of SA-8's, and they seem to take it fine.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I've seen someone run an NS-1 on a pair of SA-8's, and they seem to take it fine.

was that daily? what kinda box? I'm talking for a daily setup...

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Well, when I mean't I seen someone do it, I mean't I saw it on video

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I may have to pick one of those up then....run it at 2 ohms, give it some decent power....heres what I've got drawn up so far (mostly cuz i can't sleep for shit cuz my back is a wreck right now)

sealed chamber is .6 ported is 1.4 tuned to 47Hz, 31 sq in of port....This hasn't been run through winISD or BBP yet, this is just me being bored and trying out the theory i know...

post-21349-0-73762600-1341894118_thumb.jpg

after seeing the pair on that NS-1, and the free air test, I'm pretty confident they would hold up to 800-1k in the right enclosure....i just don't know a lot about 4th orders, how does this one look? If anything I'm thinking add a bit of space to the ported side....current design is about half as deep as i can go, but full height and width....