Sonic Electronix

Alright so what does that mean ive never understood what the ohm ment I understand that lower is better but what does that it mean performance wise

Lower is not better, it doesn't work like that. It just gives you options on wiring multiple subs together. So you have the option to wire 2 subs that are both Dual 4 ohm coils to a final ohm load of 1 ohm or 4 ohms at the amp. Two dual w ohm subs would be able to be wired to .5 ohm final or 2 ohms. A single sub, like the one you have can be wired to 2 ohms or 8 ohms. A single 2 ohm can be wired to 4 ohms final load or 1 ohm. Its all about expandability and stuff, not about louder or anything like that.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

yeah its a dual 4 ohm sub then. so you want to find an IDENTICAL (read: exact same. model number. visual. everything) sub to pair it up with.

wire them together like this

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

with an amp that does 1200w at 1 ohm. like an audioque 1200d, for example.

Well I've got a Memphis pr 1000 watt amp my plan was to get a second amp and just run 1 amp to each sub here is the amp I got

http://www.sonicelec...6-PR1.1000.html

yeah you could definitely do that, as long as the second amp is exactly the same model. each sub would be wired to 2 ohms and each amp would give each sub 600w each. perfect.

you just take the sub rcas from your headunit, put it in the input of one amp, then take another short pair of rca's and go from the rca output from the first amp to the input on the second amp.

you'd have to match the settings as perfect as you can though

Edited by Kranny

K so right now with 1 sub and the 1 1000 watt amp I have everything perfect so is it safe to turn my gain all the way up? It's only half way up right now

lol no. the gain knob isnt a volume knob. nor does 100% gain mean 100% output. you could very easily be outputting full power at 25% gain.

i hope to god your bass boost isnt on, or Loud, or the bass in the eq settings is up from 0.

My subwoofer bass level is set to 0 my loud is on so do I need to turn my gain down?

if your headunit has a separate subwoofer level. like "sub level" or something like that, then turn it up all the way. turn loud OFF. you never have to use it if your stereo is tuned properly.

as far as gain adjustment, i cant tell you. you have to pick up a dd-1 or an oscilloscope, or find someone near you that has either one of those tools. maybe a member on here, or a shop, or a buddy, or an electrician friend of yours.

I've got a kvt 516 I've always kept it between -5 and 0 ive always kept it there figuring it would be better to not totally abuse the sub but if turning the subwoofer lvl all the way up won't do any more damage to it than I'll turn it up and I'll check one of the shops around here and see if they have anything get my gain right