XS Power

im back with another question

so i just put my used D925 in today i got from a buddy. always kept on the charger. it was fully charged when i put it in. i went out and tested it tonight. car running no music voltage sits at about 14.3. full tilt, it can drop to 12.5-12.9 depending on the hz in the song. the battery i had in b4, sat at 14.3 also. full tilt, about the same as the 925.12.5-12.9. car not running no music. the old battery jumped from 11.8-12.3. i dont know why it did that. maybe cuz the battery was corroded a little and when i took it out, i noticed a little liquid on the outside of it where the post would go. with the 925, car not running no music, it sits at 12.5-12.6. only after a minute. when i shut the car off, it reads 13.0 as soon as i turn the key on. now heres the thing...on the old battery, i could play full tilt car NOT running, with the voltage dropping to 10.9 at most is what ive seen(only a couple mins at most like that) but then the voltage climbs right back up to the 11.8-12.3. now with the 925, i play full tilt for a minute without that much voltage drop. then after it starts dropping, it really drops. after not even a minute, depending on the hz in the song like b4, it dropped to under 10 volts and the amp goes into protect til the volts rise again. but the volts dont come back up like the old battery. after i dropped it that low it stayed at 11.1 volts (about) until i started the car and it put it back up at 14+ til i shut it off again. back and forth with that. turn the car off after that it sits at the 12+ til i play for a minute. is this normal with a 925? it almost seems like my old battery is better. the voltage never dropped below 10.8-9 like i said b4 no matter what hz in the song and how loud. ive played full tilt for 4 minutes on the old battery and it still never dropped like that. is it cuz its used? like i said, it has always been on a charger when it wasnt being used b4. if it matters, my oem alt is a 105 amp alt. also i have a audiopipe 1500 mini for my subs amp and a power acustik 2 channel for my speakers

Edited by Troy Smith

2004 cavalier 2 door 5 speedalpine cda-103skar pax 6.5s

power acoustik D1-6000power acoustic 4-2600soundquest 1/0 throughoutDC XL M2 18 walledstock altbig 3 donestock battery under hood, 1400cca 400ah semi battery in the trunk

i just put the big 2 in yesterday. i did the grounds. as of right now, i cant get to my alt and dont have the money to have a shop do it

power acoustik D1-6000power acoustic 4-2600soundquest 1/0 throughoutDC XL M2 18 walledstock altbig 3 donestock battery under hood, 1400cca 400ah semi battery in the trunk

I was afraid you were going to have some issue when you made your other post and I saw the picture. That 925 is old. Like at the minimum of 5 years old, so it is not going to perform like a new battery.

Also you have a lot less capacity in the 925 than you did the stock battery. The 925 is much smaller and has less lead in it, which means it will have a lower capacity. This is one reason you will see the voltage drop like that.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

what do you recommend nathan? can i put the old battery back in and add the 925 to it? will that help anything or hurt it?