Sonic Electronix

okay so, under the hood im running a yellow top, but i have so much on it, its over heating my alternator in return im getting voltage drop. Im wondering if i have run another battery parallel will it help stop making my alternator recharge as fast (thats what i think is over heating it) and eas it, or will 2 batterys just over kill the alternator and fry it for good. Its a small alt, not a HO, dont have money for a HO atm so im trying to figure out what to do. Or should i run one of these http://www.kinetikau...sp?P=KHC600&C=1 sense its smaller it wont have to charge as hard, instead of a full battery. idk gimme ur opinions please. And the smaller battery, im meaning running it like a cap.

Edited by Dtowndubzz

2005 tahoe, the battery is at 100%, its charging it but im getting the voltage loss bc as you know when alts get hot they turn themselfs down and thats how im losing voltage i think

do you think if i bought another stock alt, and ran 2 of them @ like 120 amps would work? or should i just throw down for a HO. or should i try and run one of those small kinetik batts?

if you are going to spend on a dual alt bracket and another stock alt. why not just get a bigger better alt???

the bracket its going to be like 250 and the stock alt like around 100 right??

smdban.jpg

audio related merchandise (decals,banners,lanyards,hats,shirt,etc)

My 02 silverado has a stock 105a alt and im running 1 hc1400 and 2 hc2400 and not over heating it. Ive got all 1/0 wire and rd 3250 and no problems

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

2 ampere audio 3800s @ .5 each

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz