Sonic Electronix

I've got an AQ1200d sitting around from a previous system that I am going to use to power two subs to go under the seat of my 2011 Silverado crew cab. Space is definitely the limiting factor here. The VERY most I can get if I go with two subs is around .8 ft^3 sealed per sub. Max mounting depth I am looking at is 6". I've been looking at sundown for a little bit and am liking the SD series aswell as the SA series. I can get both the 10" and 12" SD to fit, but can only get the 10" SA to fit. I'm hoping to get a system that sounds good and can hit the lows well. Take in to account the only other system I've ever had was an HDC3 15" in a box tuned to 39hz. I was hoping to get something that could at least match that in hitting the lows, is that possible? Throw some other brands/models out there that will work or is sundown the way to go? Thanks guys.

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

I guess another option I have is to go with one larger sub that can handle around 1200 watts on its on like a Fi SSD. So if you have some options like that, throw them out there too.

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

I think the 10's look like a good option for you. It would give you some wiggle room if you need to build the box bigger if it needs to be tuned lower. Not sure how much height you have under the seat after you are sitting on it so maybe you could build slightly shorter. Those sundowns move a bit, but i don't see the xmax listed on their site.

When you say tune lower you mean in a sealed box? It seems like sealed is my only real option if I want to do 2 subs? Does building a bigger sealed box allow it go get lower? Like if I put two 10" SD's in a box where they saw .75 ft^3 after displacement, would it be lower/louder then if it was in a box that was .5 ft^3 after displacement?

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

Bigger than recommend by manufacture will usually make it play lower notes better. But you may lose some "tightness" to the bass. Less control with more air. So you have to be careful with over powering subs sealed if you go too big. Less cooling in sealed boxes too.

You could do a couple things, Build big then put wood inside the box to make the air space less if you don't like it or build small and throw poly fill to mimic a larger enclosure.

1lb of poly is about 1/cuft. It kinda works sometimes.

The SA 8 is sweet but it actually has a bigger mounting depth than the SA 10 does. If you look at the pictures of it on their website you can actually see that the motor is bigger, I have no idea why. Its too bad though because I have some weird attraction with 8" subwoofers, especially 8s as big as those.

I didn't know DC made a Lvl 2 8". I looked into the 10" a little bit and like it alot. Do either of y'all have any experience with it? How would it do in a sealed box you think?

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

Bigger than recommend by manufacture will usually make it play lower notes better. But you may lose some "tightness" to the bass. Less control with more air. So you have to be careful with over powering subs sealed if you go too big. Less cooling in sealed boxes too.

You could do a couple things, Build big then put wood inside the box to make the air space less if you don't like it or build small and throw poly fill to mimic a larger enclosure.

1lb of poly is about 1/cuft. It kinda works sometimes.

This is very helpful. Thanks. If the SD 10 wants .5 ft^3, would .75ft^3 be overkill? I'd definitely be willing to sacrifice some SQ for some improved lows.

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d