Friends Build: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab - Sub Build

I am doing an install in his cousins 2011 Dodge Ram in a FoxBox ported box with either dual Sundown Audio SA-10's or SA12's. Haven't decided yet, but the 15001D will power either of those perfectly.

Those Dodge Ram's are tough to build a box for, if you haven't seen what's underneath the seats, google it. If you have, then you know what I mean. So thats a load off my mind, is having to build a box for his truck. I emailed them to see if they could take the dual 12 box they sell and cut out 4 8" subwoofer holes, but they replied and said that they mass produce their boxes so they would be unable to do it. So its either go with 2 10's or 2 12's. He wants the same subs I have, so I will have to present it to him with two SA-10's or 12's or I would have to do some major altering to design the top of it from two 12's to 4 8's. One major problem is... that FoxBox coats their boxes with Line-X, so I think thats out of the question. I think two SA-12's is going to sound just as good, if not better.

Sundown Audio recommendations are only off from the box by .09 cu ft net per sub. They recommend 1.5 cu ft of airspace. The FoxBox is 1.55 cu ft of airspace per chamber, tuned at 35hz, which is exactly what SA recommends on tuning. I dont think .09 cu ft net is going to matter much. Their Dual 10 box has less airspace. I dont understand why that is.. I would figure they would have the same air space, just cut with a 12" subwoofer holes.

He heard of Sundown Audio before and then he heard my 4 Sundown Audio SA-8 V.2 Stock SPL versions underneath my seats, with a 3" seat raise, in a 3 cu ft net ported box tuned to 31hz off of my two Audiopipe AP18001D's. One 18001D's to 2 SA-8 V.2's each. My 3" seat raise is for sale by the way. Its for the NNBS 2007+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Crew Cabs. I did alot of research on matals and materials. So I ordered the metal. Its made out of T6-6061 square aircraft grade aluminum blocks.

If anyone has any experience installing a subwoofer setup in the NBS Dodge Ram Quad Cab's, please chime in. Same goes with FoxBox in a Ram. He is pretty set on running Sundown as I am also.

So once we get started on the build, I will be uploading the pictures on my Photobucket and will be posting them on here. But like I said, if you have experience with these pickups, please chime in.