Sonic Electronix

New to the car amp world need help

ook so because its a sub that plays lows ud wanna stay in the low frequency area because its not really meant to play high sound its only meant to play bass so the lower the frequency the deeper it gets? so how would you find what low pass to set the sub for? how do you know 80hz or 100hz max is a good frequency to set it to?

ook so because its a sub that plays lows ud wanna stay in the low frequency area because its not really meant to play high sound its only meant to play bass so the lower the frequency the deeper it gets? so how would you find what low pass to set the sub for? how do you know 80hz or 100hz max is a good frequency to set it to?

setting the filter knobs wont make a sub louder, if thats what you mean.

okay let me put it this way.

99.999% of the time, you want your subs to play ~30hz to 80/100hz. and you want your door speakers to play from 80/100hz and up. you dont want your door speakers to play notes under that because then you run the risk of bottoming out the speakers at high volumes. and you dont want your subwoofers to play notes higher than 80/100 whatever because you run the risk of unnecessarily heating up the voice coils (from what i've learned).

most of the time, why would you want all your speakers to be able to play the same notes? low notes for the subwoofers, higher notes for the speakers.

there is no "rule" to what you should set your subwoofer low pass filter to, but think about it this way. why on earth would you want to be able to hear vocals through your subwoofer? wouldnt you want the vocals to come through the speakers that are made to produce them and not through the things that are designed solely to go boom boom? hence the 80-100hz thing.

Experience is the answer to that one.

Hertz aka Hz means cycles per second. The higher the frequency, aka "Hz" the faster the speaker moves in order to reproduce sound. Generally, the bigger the speaker, the slower it is meant to move, the smaller it is, the faster it is meant to move. Speakers follow the same rule that most things on earth follow, the bigger they are, the slower they are supposed to move. Will you =r subwoofer reproduce sounds at 400Hz? It says it will, but that frequency will not sound near as good coming out of a subwoofer as it would a mid. Being that your subwoofer is an 8", 100hz wouldn't be too too bad of a setting, but I would still keep it at 80 and below.

do you set the front and rear speakers to the same hz?

The answer to that question varies by each set up. In your case, I think we are talking a 2 Hz difference in the frequency response (low end) of your front and rear speakers.

You will be fine setting them at the same point, just always err to the highest of the two.

As a starting point, you can try setting your sub's lpf at 80-90Hz and your hpf on the front and rear channel at 80ish.

ok sounds good ive been spending alot of time rewiring my car cause for the last few months ive redone the drivetrain and starting to finish the interior now. Jusgotta finish dynamating the inside but i really appreciate all the info ive been getting from you guys its def making me start to understand. I ended up buying the cc-1 and the dd-1 to be able to dial my settings in perfect

Archived