Sonic Electronix

Want suggestions for upgrade of my build

Hi folks. I'm pretty new to the forum - but have played around with smaller builds for about ten years.

My system today in my 06 mitsubishi montero with back seats removed:

Standard alt 110amps

2 agm batts 90ah each up front

2 small stinger spv 44 in the back

Alpine iva-106

Atomic 5000.1d amp

Two DD3518's in big ported box

Gladen audio 2x250w amp

JBL C608GTI comp set in doors, just bought - not mounted yet.

TB3

2x0 gauge runs all the way.

I am currently working on ordering a 220 HO amp fro the US, so that will be in place innear future.

I want more bass :) simply.

I would say my budget is around 2-2500$at the moment, not including the cost of the new alt. So what would you guys recommend for an upgrade? I have considered trying to find another atomic 5kw amp and two more 3518's, but have not decided on it yet. I like the idea of four 18's and perhaps a clamshell box. A solid wall is not likely as I like to consider re-sale value.

Hi folks. I'm pretty new to the forum - but have played around with smaller builds for about ten years.

My system today in my 06 mitsubishi montero with back seats removed:

Standard alt 110amps

2 agm batts 90ah each

2 small stinger spv 44 in the back

Atomic 5000.1d amp

Two DD3518's in big ported box

Gladen audio 2x250w amp

JBL C608GTI comp set in doors, just bought - not mounted yet.

TB3

2x0 gauge runs all the way.

I am currently working on ordering a 220 HO amp fro the US, so that will be in place innear future.

I want more bass :) simply.

I would say my budget is around 2-2500$at the moment, not including the cost of the new alt. So what would you guys recommend for an upgrade? I have considered trying to find another atomic 5kw amp and two more 3518's, but have not decided on it yet. I like the idea of four 18's and perhaps a clamshell box. A solid wall is not likely as I like to consider re-sale value.

Than find a second or third alt 2.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Thanks. Not a very inspiring or motivational answer though ;). I'll assume you mean that I'll need at least two or three 220 amp alternators to power a 10kw rms system. That's probably not a bad idea.

Thanks. Not a very inspiring or motivational answer though ;). I'll assume you mean that I'll need at least two or three 220 amp alternators to power a 10kw rms system. That's probably not a bad idea.

10 K watt´s are arround 1000 amps, minus some rise and other little ticks would it be nice to have 6-700 amps from the alt + 5 batt´s.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Archived