Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, I have afew questions for you experts here today :P first of all im going to be getting a 2001-2005 Police Intercepter Crown Vic, and im going to be putting an 18' Subwoofer in it. I got a estimate on a box price and they said itd be $250 or so, would the box sound good inside the car? what type of box should I get? ported? sealed? what cause Idk. And this is the subwoofer ill be getting, the amp ill be powering it.

Sub woofer, (its the 18') http://obsidiancarau.../index.php?id=6

Amplifier: http://www.caraudiod...01d-p-1452.html

Please tell me if thats a good amp to be pushing it, I dont care if its underrated by much I dont want to be paying a fortune. :)

Thankyou

Edited by BassAddicct

how it works is you put the box in the trunk and then underneath the window you cut a hole going into the trunk m put the port on the top side of the box going straight in under the window normally wear the factory speaker usually is on the back you just pull it out and put the port there instead. that makes sense to you

how it works is you put the box in the trunk and then underneath the window you cut a hole going into the trunk m put the port on the top side of the box going straight in under the window normally wear the factory speaker usually is on the back you just pull it out and put the port there instead. that makes sense to you

I was told by someone today that having an 18' will move through the seat like nothing, so their is really no need for a port through the back?

Ehhhhh fudge....missed the part on the crown vic.

Dont your seats fold down. If not. Cut a hole dude. It will be worth it. Trunk rattle will sound like shit. Whys your profile pic a truck LOL

Edited by Chris Hammer

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

What you're REALLY gonna have is trunk rattle Galore!!!

You don't have the right amount of room to properly position an 18 in that trunk. 2 forward firing 12s ported to maybe 35 Hz completely sealed off from the trunk would be a better idea. Firing an 18" into the trunk lid, will sound like garbage, as close as it will have to be TO the trunk to get the proper amount or airspace. That's IF you even have the right amount of airspace to begin with.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.