SMZ2's Xterror. 1st Hairtrick!

20131228_135548.jpg

Just a test fit. I have to finish dipping my windows and run all my wire first. I'm going to pick up some things to finish that up today.

I picked up step up bits and some router bits today. Hopefully I will be putting this in soon and run all my wires. I just want to get everything where I want it first. 20131221_152432.jpg

Looks like it fits now get to work and get some pics up....

I'm out of town at the moment unfortunately... When I get back I will be working on it full force. I just have to run this camera and finish dipping the windows when I get back.

20140102_113920.jpg20140102_113653.jpg

Ahh another episode of what I like to call Zac's stupid mistakes.... I didn't realize until after I drilled the hole slightly to big that the camera separated into two pieces... well I can probably fix this by putting epoxy on the inside of the bumper. Then when I get some body filler for the doors I will make it have a smooth transition. I need to repaint my bumpers and plastics anyway they have faded really bad.

Would one of the black plastic hole plugs they sell at Lowes work the same? It's a little bigger than a 3/4" hole. I figure I can get one of those and put the right size hole in that. Then put the plug in the hole with the camera.

This is my fix. I need to drill the hole a bit bigger since the plug was a 7/8" plug. It came out good imo. 20140103_224645.jpg20140103_224635.jpg

Sorry bro haha. I got the camera in and working now and my windows are dipped. Hopefully a local member and I will be getting together today to start making this look more like a wall. I got a mini kreg jig the other day as well so I will be using that to put all the piece together.

Archived