Since this box is built and gone I just thought I would throw up build pics it was a difficult box with all the angles and the space restrictions and specifics he said he wanted. Was a fun build just a couple DC lvl4 on a 3.5k.

This was the beginning plan

IMG_0791.jpg

Once I figured out the angles and airspace made some cuts

IMG_0776.jpg

Starting putting it together

IMG_0827.jpg

Taking some shape now

IMG_0829.jpg

So slanted

IMG_0831.jpg

First Baffle

IMG_0832.jpg

Second Baffle

IMG_0834.jpg

Getting ready for the holes Right after this I realized the plan from the beginning was not going to work like I thought, stared at the wood for hours.....

IMG_0836.jpg

Finally figured it out

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

Decided that I would make some rings and make the ports come out a bit more the angle and depth were not working for me

IMG_0856.jpg

Moch up

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

Time to start adding color

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

color moch up

IMG_0869.jpg

Getting it all glued and screwed together

IMG_0870.jpg

Taped it off and added second color for a nice pop

20140404_221239.jpg

ports are better with badass duct tape right?

20140404_225452.jpg

After 5 coats of paint

20140405_005755.jpg

All finished up

20140405_121438.jpg

This gonna hit hard wth teh 15's

Check Out My 1986 Chevy Caprice Brougham Classic Restoration:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/184647-1986-chevy-caprice-restoration/

This gonna hit hard wth teh 15's

Well he has some constraints that if I had known about going in to this build I would have designed differently. The ports are getting choked a bit due to the seats. We got 147.3 out of it though. He did not want me to fiberglass the inside wanted to do it himself I think that will help some. He is getting alot of voltage drop as well so fixing those should get him close to 50's

Nice box

Thanks Bro!

Different but I like

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

• 2 months later...

happend to miss this, huge shout out to this sexy mother fucker, box sounds awesome! nothing but quality in that box, im running a stock alt right now so drop is a bit much, but ports are getting choked out a bit so the lows suffer, but thats my fault for not taking that into account, mind you he never looked at the truck, but on the higher end this thing KILLS, im happy with it, but theres always a rebuild right? :twirl: hell be designing my next idea in a few months, thanks again babe<3 oh and TDHFTMFCSW amirite?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Top notch stuff. I wouldn't expect much less though! Good work yet again brother. :P

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Archived