SMZ2's Xterror. 1st Hairtrick!

How did you change the thread name?

Go to your first post. Then edit it then click full editor and you will be able to change it at the top of the editor.

Thanks would have never figured that out LOL
No problem man. Lol

Okay this is a calculator I have on my android phone. I am a little short on cubes and the cubes are not exact I think I have around 13ish before displacements. Here is my idea for the port though. I may make it somewhat external so I can squeeze out a few more cubes but I'm not sure how that will change the tuning. Screenshot_2014-01-13-19-22-31.pngPortedwall.png

Supposedly driver side ports are the loudest in suvs on the meter and also very windy. Will this port configuration work well? If so I will start cutting out the front baffle soon. Does it look like it will work well?

It will be same tuning the length of the port determines tuning. 100 sq in port for 11.77 cubes that is a bit small. What subs?

The subs are older fi bl's with psi baskets and psi soft parts.. They are 18's. What dimensions need to be adjusted to get the proper port area?

It will be same tuning the length of the port determines tuning. 100 sq in port for 11.77 cubes that is a bit small. What subs?

The subs are older fi bl's with psi baskets and psi soft parts.. They are 18's. What dimensions need to be adjusted to get the proper port area?

I would shoot for at least 13-14 sq in per cube, unless you use areo ports then you can get away with less. Have you though about subs bottom and port top? That would make it easier to get a larger port and you could have it come out the front of the box without causing room issues I think. I would measure and see if that would work.

Where you at? Going to need some updates I got some shit done you better have too! Got my hotel booked for the Lockhart show look forward to giving you a demo!

Sorry man unfortunately no updates for now. I'm trying to get the front baffle finalized as far as cutting. I also need to practice with my router before I tearing into the baffle. The thing that has slowed me up is I just started back school so my work hours have slowed down. I also cannot lift anything heavy right now. So as of right now I'm just taking it easy. My Xterra should be done by the show I hope. I'm not sure if I'm booking a room yet or if I'm going to stay with my aunt who lives in Virginia. Can a 19 y/o even get a hotel room??? That probably is a stupid question lol. Hopefully we can swap demos man. I mostly have everything I need just some small things left.

Better get some damn work done, you are lagging man lagging LOL

I know lol. I'm eventually going to finish the battery bank and run wires then finish up the wall. I can definitely do that because I have everything I need for running wires and the battery bank. I want to at least have the doors playing soon. I'm thinking I may have to redo my pillars though.

Okay I got some progress the other day. I found a way to fix the ugly jagged hole in my firewall to fit 2 to 3 runs of 1/0. I also got the batteries to fit in the battery bank and I put the front fuses holders up. I crimped and heat shrunk one of the shorter wires as well. I was going to finish the battery bank by adding the back and securing the batteries yesterday but I ran out of daylight. I will try and finish that before work today and possibly do a run of 1/0. I have to order some new lugs as well as I only have enough for a single positive run. Now for the pictures.20140124_171800.jpg20140124_171707.jpg20140124_162452.jpg

Archived