SMZ2's Xterror. 1st Hairtrick!

CameraZOOM-20140521174204134.jpg

This is my idea for the amp rack for the 4 channel but it may change. Also I may switch out the self tappers for bolts we will see how they hold up. All I have left is some short runs from the back fuse blocks to the batteries then the front and the back batteries will be linked up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the 4 channel hooked up and the passenger door playing today. Wow the pwxs are loud! The only problem is I have serious alt whine coming through the speakers. It's loud and annoying. I tried sanding down the headunit ground and I did the ground loop isolate on the back of my pioneer unit but to no avail. When I have a chance I'm going to go back and make sure all my wires on the batteries are tight. There is a lot of lugs stacked on one another so this could be a probable cause right? Anybody have some insight on this. I will post videos soon when I have a chance.

I like the new battery rack and I also like that you used 2 1/0 wires between batteries I see it all the time people using a single wire between batteries on a bank which limits the current they can get through to each other causing a bottle neck. So the above frame is for the amp rack? Keep it up man your getting better every time you build!

I like the new battery rack and I also like that you used 2 1/0 wires between batteries I see it all the time people using a single wire between batteries on a bank which limits the current they can get through to each other causing a bottle neck. So the above frame is for the amp rack? Keep it up man your getting better every time you build!

Thanks man! Yeah I did to 2 1/0 runs so now there is more wire on the batteries. I may get some terminals though so I can add more wires between batteries and for the amps. Yes. I ended up placing it off center though because of my wiring. Once I start building the wall shell it may change though. I have my passenger door playing now but I have some really bad alt whine coming through the speakers.

Thanks man! Yeah I did to 2 1/0 runs so now there is more wire on the batteries. I may get some terminals though so I can add more wires between batteries and for the amps. Yes. I ended up placing it off center though because of my wiring. Once I start building the wall shell it may change though. I have my passenger door playing now but I have some really bad alt whine coming through the speakers.

Well you can always panel off the amp rack and noone will ever see the frame I like to do that IMO it looks better and gives more support for the amps.

Well you can always panel off the amp rack and noone will ever see the frame I like to do that IMO it looks better and gives more support for the amps.
That is the plan to hide all the wires, batteries, and keep it clean.

Well today I was trying to find the source of my noise problem. I swap out rcas still noise, I changed hu grounds, new inline fuse.... Then I got an idea to swap the amp with my old amp. My old amp I have had since I first had a system. It is a Kenwood 2 channel. I swapped everything over from the 4 channel mb quart to the Kenwood and boom the noise was gone. So I have a bad mb quart 4.125 on my hands now. I looked at the external fuse on the mb quart and they all seemed to be fine. So now I'm in the market for a new amp unless of course the mb quart magically quits making noise. I don't have a warranty on the Mb Quart since I bought it second hand.

• 2 weeks later...

CameraZOOM-20140620112032283.jpgCgosms_2014-06-1806-01-04.jpgIMG_20140620_120324.jpgCameraZOOM-20140620122926372.jpgCameraZOOM-20140620125234742.jpg

So my old hold down was shorting out on of the 1/0 lugs now I have a nice rubber one. Non conductive for the win. Also finishing up my driver door and my passenger door is done and wrapped. My 4 channel amp is bad but it's okay I'm planning on switching amps anyway. Today I'm starting on the wall build as well.

• 2 weeks later...

CameraZOOM-20140707201137167.jpg

Just a little something to show I've been building... I hate chop mat right now. The woven mat would be much easier for this. I will be layering this like crazy though.

Got some more fiberglass up today. Glassing vertical is killing me though. I was doing it in increments trying not to drip stuff everywhere and burn my eyes out lol. It's getting there but it has a lot more layers of glass to go to get it as solid as I want.

Archived