Wiring Super tweeters

You aren't going to get the ideal answer w/out specifics of what equipment you have hooked up starting with your head unit and everything inbetween that and the tweeters.

With that being said, there is a lot that can go wrong here. If you want to do things this way, the first thing I would suggest you check is how much rms power will your amp put out @ 2 ohms? Whatever that number is, is it within the rms power handling capabilities of a single tweeter? I say single tweeter because if you are planning on connecting 4 tweeters to one crossover (I am assuming you mean the passive xover supplied w/ the tweeters), do not fool yourself into thinking you have quadruple the power handling. To maintain power handling capabilities of each tweeter, it must remain connected to its own xover.

Another issue that comes to mind is that chances are, you are probably harming your amp. Is it a 2 channel or 4 channel? What are you connecting to the other side of the "tweeter" channel? To clarify what I mean is for example you have a 4 channel amp, and you want to wire these tweeters to 2 ohms on, lets say, the front left channel, what are you connecting to the front right channel? You should never run 2 corresponing channels under different ohm loads. Also, on 99.999% of all amps out there, and I guess the head unit and presence of a sound processor also comes in to play, even under identical ohm loads, you shouldn't give the left channel a different job to do than the right channel.

Best bet, wire 2 of your tweets per channel, keep the xover on each one, and run them off of 2 channels. You will be @ 4 ohms instead of the 2 that you were seeking, but it's a much better wiring option.

Edit #1: Only viable option to run these @ 2 ohms (I still wouldn't even do it this way) is to bridge 2 channels, make sure your amp is 2 ohm stable when bridged, and run a wire from the positive on the amp to the positive input of each xover, and from the negative on the amp to the negative input of each xover. Then from the xovers, run the wires to the tweeters like normal. You will lose stereo sound, but you will accomplish your 2ohm goal.

Edit #2: Did I miss anything everyone?

Edited by FunkyExpedition