Second Skin Audio

how to wire 6 10s

ZachG

Now that, that's sorted

Onto a custom box it is,

As for prefab, I don't like them either, but if you had to pick one, one built by the manifactor is going to be better suites to that sub then an off the shelf one,

So if you have no tools or skill then that's what I would pick.

And on a side note that box rrp for $1250 here in Aust.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=120452

But most shops sell it for between $11-1200

Yea its $350 us at a local shop near me, maybe ill do that and 3 sets of Rockford components amped in my car. With all sound deadner would be a solid good system

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

• 2 weeks later...

oh man. 6 10s in a trunk?! goodluck! haha

Haha yea that's the problem here. I might have to go to my original idea of 4 Memphis pr 10s on a zx1000 but I'm Gunna play around with Torres and see

Kicker comps work well in infinite baffle setups in case you decided to attempt that.

Ok I'm not Gunna have the room to do 6 10s properly so I'm just Gunna do 2 obsidian audio 15s with 3.25cubes ea tuned to 32hz..

Now I need to figure out how to use Torres properly to make a box with my diameters of 15.5h-33w-32d

You can do subs front and a couple of 6" aeros (minimum) to the side on those dims.

Hey I like the idea with the aeros cause then I can defiantly build the box my self.

& since my car the rear seat arm rest when its down goes straight open to the trunk do you think I can put the aeros in the rear near that opening to my cabin and have the subs faceing back to the trunk lid??

Or would it be better to do the subs faceing front to that opening and aeros in the rear to reduce rattles but then not be as loud?

Due to your space restrictions I would suggest this:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33 Hz

Vb = 6.9 ft^3

External Height = 15.5 in

External Width = 36 in

External Depth = 31 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 36 x 31

Left & Right Sides = 29 1/2 x 13 1/4

Front & Back = 36 x 13 1/4

Port Quantity and Dimensions:

Number of Ports = 2

Pipe Port Diameter = 6

Pipe Port Length = 16

2xObsidian15aero.jpg

You would need about 6" clearance in front of the ports and some bracing inside.

I'm still thinking bout doing this but idk how I would build it inside my trunk that's the only thing stopping me

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Archived