Second Skin Audio

What is my box tuned too?!?!?!

Hello all I just picked up a pair of 12 E series sundwns i wanna run this box i got till i can figure out all the specs or possibly ram designs can help me produce a new box. This box was bought with two alpine type r's in it seems like a ok garage build. CAN SOMEONE tell me the tuning and F^3 lowest i should play? THe box is .75 MDF 32in wide 15.5 deep and 14.25 tall. The port is between the two 12's its rectangular slot port? port inner demensions are 2.6 inch wide 12.57 inch tall and 12.25 inch long. the top and bottom of the port share the top and bottom of the whole box. Its powered by a rockford T500-1BDCP birthed at 817 @ one ohm. ITS going in a 98 dodge ram suicide door ext cab rear seat removed. So whats my current tuning and lowest notes i should play, any suggestions on box design and sub/port placement? Thanks to all of you guys, i have tried using diff calculators but im new to designing and basically lost lol

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

dang why would someone want it tuned that high? Is there anything i could do to lower that maybe invert the woofers or do a double layer on the front baffle?

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

Rockford P400-4

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

playing low 30's should be ok right

Edited by severancej

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

Rockford P400-4

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

if he didnt count woofer displacment yet then its prob 45hz, witch is really high, most prefab boxes are tuned to 45hz or higher, there is

no way to tune the box lower. your best bet is to sell it and have someone build one for you or if your good with wood working you

can build yourself one..

i would not worry about trying to fix the box, i would sell it and buy one or make one..obv its your money man, prefab boxes are junk and

you will not see good performance from your sundown subs, i have a prefab box myself, its better made then most but i didnt see much of

a difference when i switched from my soundstream t5s to sundown sa's

someone on here will hook you up