last minute tips before SPL event in the morning

Im sure there is lots of info on here, but in a rush I have been getting my car ready all night, and Im going to bed, where I will wake up 4 hours from now and go, Any last minute tips on DB increases? I retuned my box, def sounds better, I just found out my passenger seat does this (pic below), crazy, had the car for a while and just figured this out tonight, I will be reading responses tommorow at the event, so any added suggestions will be greatly appreciated. and I took the pic before I washed my car, so there is no bird shit on the window anymore, which I hear can hurt the SPL score

20120720220025.jpg

Edited by purplesyrup
XS-power1.jpg

As much as i love that seat, i've NEVER got any good results by folding front seats horizontally, of course every car is different, but just saying that could hurt your score pretty bad.

Try to cool the cabin before burping with the ac, always gained a couple of tenths for me, maybe use the FRONT RCA on the headunit instead of the sub rca, HPF on the HU off and you are set to go, that always gained me a couple of tenths also, taking outside the car those floor mats always gained me a tenth, those are the things i honestly would only advice you since every car is different, but those are the ones that always worked for me on any car i test

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

yea, lost a full db with the seat down, put it back up and gained it back. i need to remember to pull the floor mats next time, it was over 100 degrees, it was very hard to get the cabin cool at all, last show i did a 141.2, this show i did a 141.1 with the box tuned 4-5hz lower, it sounds a lot better now with the lower tuning, next up, after market cd player, extra battery, might build a straight SPL box so I can utilize what the DD is capable of, but thi is still fun out of a wine barrel, hehe got 1st place in 2 classes and 2nd in the other.

XS-power1.jpg

Im sure there is lots of info on here, but in a rush I have been getting my car ready all night, and Im going to bed, where I will wake up 4 hours from now and go, Any last minute tips on DB increases? I retuned my box, def sounds better, I just found out my passenger seat does this (pic below), crazy, had the car for a while and just figured this out tonight, I will be reading responses tommorow at the event, so any added suggestions will be greatly appreciated. and I took the pic before I washed my car, so there is no bird shit on the window anymore, which I hear can hurt the SPL score

20120720220025.jpg

What? Where'd you hear that? LOL.

'11, '12, '13, and '14 Meca Street 2 AL State Champ

AL Meca Street 2 Record Holder(151.6)

2012 Meca Street 2 World Finals - 3rd Place(148.7)

2013 Meca Street 2 World Finals - 2nd Place(151.1)

20120720220025.jpg

What? Where'd you hear that? LOL.

I was JK hehe

Where do you meter at?

Edit: Howd you do? lol.

I meter in the legal dash area,

did well, read my post 2 posts up

XS-power1.jpg

What do you run in? USACI, MECA, IASCA, etc.

None of these events run anywhere near me.

the last true DB drag show around here was in 2005 i believe,

Then steve who used to host the DB drag shows started his own MIDWESTSPL

At this event I ran basic trunk, extreme 1, and top dog

Last event i ran MSD1 along with those others, which is a local class, they would not let me enter it this time.

Edited by purplesyrup
XS-power1.jpg