Second Skin Audio

Mismatched subs, in pairs

So i was thinking that i have a pair of kenwood 3013's-12's laying around. My wife hates bass and the kenwoods love small sealed boxes and sound very musical. If i am a bit creative i could fit them in the very back of the hatch probably in a 1cuft enclosure on either side firing twords each other or like this "\______/" I want to let them play down to say 30hz and up to about 200hz, Bad idea?

Well, i'm looking for more midbass anyway. i might even go as low as .8 cuft. I'll only be giving them probably 250 -300 watts each after rise. They used to do pretty well down to about 35 in 1.25cuft.

Mismatched how? And subs don't cover 200 hz man.

Well, i have two sa-12's already, so i would have those and the kenwoods. That's what i meant. And they have a freq reponce of 34-300. Maybe i'll cut them off at 150, i don't know yet.

12s as mid bass? Ehh I'd Just stick to what you have. Your going to have cancelation mixing subs. It just won't work out right.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

I've seen 12's as mid-bass but not subs as mid-bass. They probably would sound a bit muddy. Maybe i should just trade them for some mid-bass speakers.

edit.

well i have seen 8" p3's used as mid-bass. but that's a bit different than a 12

Edited by strangeduck

I've never seen a subsonic go up to 80. And correct there is 12 inch mid bass drivers. But there made for it. There not subwoofers. And you generally want midbass in the doors.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Idk, i may toss something together and see. thinking maybe high pass at 65 or 70, since i lose alot from the sa's right there, and then top them off at 120-150. I can band-pass them easy enough. I guess i have to experiment.