Finally Got My Mids/highs

your mids/highs hurt because they are harsh sounding. I have sat in many a car with ridiculously loud mids/highs, and they didnt hurt my ears, they just got hella loud. I absolutely hate PA speakers in cars, especially when the people think they have "great SQ" However Galacticmonkey is just trying to get mids and highs that will more than keep up with the bass, and carry far away and get noticed, and PA speakers will do that. My question is you are talking about sponsorships. What have you done that the companies wanted to sponsor you. not calling you out or anything, but I am just curious because companies dont just go around sponsoring anyone at least that is what I have always understood.
First off your being a NOOB! Second I dont want sponsership for any vehicle of mine, I was asking how you get it for a bass comp that I want to host. Edited by bigtimedesigns

After see this now im going to get another rf 800x4 and some new mids and highs =)

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

First off your being a NOOB! Second I dont want sponsership for any vehicle of mine, I was asking how you get it for a bass comp that I want to host.

OK. First off how am I being a noob? You said your ears hurt listening to your mids/highs? obviously something is wrong with your setup if your ears hurt listening to it. Second off, I wasn't asking you about sponsorships since you obviously dont know how to properly setup an average mids/highs setup.

Anywho. Galacticmonkey, you coming out to that show tomorrow? Hopefully I will see you out there. Just look for the red lazer extreme...whose mids/highs aren't harsh. lol.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

OK. First off how am I being a noob? You said your ears hurt listening to your mids/highs? obviously something is wrong with your setup if your ears hurt listening to it. Second off, I wasn't asking you about sponsorships since you obviously dont know how to properly setup an average mids/highs setup.

Anywho. Galacticmonkey, you coming out to that show tomorrow? Hopefully I will see you out there. Just look for the red lazer extreme...whose mids/highs aren't harsh. lol.

Damn getting a little hostel in here :lol:

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Damn getting a little hostel in here :lol:

Not "hostel" (hostile). I felt like being an asshole. lol.

Galacticmonkey: I just read your thread over on ROE. sucks to see you're getting trashed for running a PA system. I still dont like them, but do your own thing...you're shit's gonna be loud no matter what.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Not "hostel" (hostile). I felt like being an asshole. lol.

Galacticmonkey: I just read your thread over on ROE. sucks to see you're getting trashed for running a PA system. I still dont like them, but do your own thing...you're shit's gonna be loud no matter what.

Hey spelling isnt one of my strong points im just a dumb Marine ok :lol:

Not to thread jack, but why is there a general misconception that Sound Reinforcement drivers are 'harsh'? PA drivers are engineered to be acoustically flat, that is with a flat frequency response curve. If they are good enough to be used in line arrays and concert SR applications, who's to say that they cannot function in a car audio environment?

Or do car audio enthusiasts find them far to responsive to high transients/harsh? This is a genuine question, I have often pondered this.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Not to thread jack, but why is there a general misconception that Sound Reinforcement drivers are 'harsh'? PA drivers are engineered to be acoustically flat, that is with a flat frequency response curve. If they are good enough to be used in line arrays and concert SR applications, who's to say that they cannot function in a car audio environment?

Or do car audio enthusiasts find them far to responsive to high transients/harsh? This is a genuine question, I have often pondered this.

Cheers,

Mick

One of the main reasons people have problems with PA drivers being used in car audio environments is because too few people install them correctly. Most of the people around me who install them just put as many as they could possibly cram into 1 car without giving any thing to setting up a proper crossover network, and good equalization. They can sound goodish (if that is a word) if the installer takes the time to set them up properly, but it seems too few people actually take that time. I personally used to run pa speakers, and just grew out of them I guess. I ran them years ago before I got as into car audio as I am now, and was just going for all out loud, SQ be damned.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Hey spelling isnt one of my strong points im just a dumb Marine ok :lol:

I was just busting your balls, bro.

Edited by 01xtreme

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)