Sonic Electronix

New to car audio - looking for assistance

The RMS of the sub, should be the same as the amp if not higher

amps are rated by the amount of power that they can put out (500w rms at x ohms)

subs are rated by the amount of power they can take from the amp, So you have to make sure two things,

1) that the final ohm load calculates to what you need it to (there are good diagrams online/on here)

2) that your subs are rated to handle the amount of power that your amp is going to be putting out

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

amps are rated by the amount of power that they can put out (500w rms at x ohms)

subs are rated by the amount of power they can take from the amp, So you have to make sure two things,

1) that the final ohm load calculates to what you need it to (there are good diagrams online/on here)

2) that your subs are rated to handle the amount of power that your amp is going to be putting out

I think I'm catching on here, I really appreciate the help everyone, I literally came onto the site blind, and I feel like I'm now wearing contacts at least lol.

I think I'm catching on here, I really appreciate the help everyone, I literally came onto the site blind, and I feel like I'm now wearing contacts at least lol.

just keep reading up, there will be other threads simulair to this one so have a look. we all rather you ask questions then you go blowing shit up!

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/