Sonic Electronix

the only reason i ask is kuz i actually did run 2 earthquake sound tnt 12s(400 each) off of my kicker zx1000.1 and didnt hav the gains up more that 1/8 of a turn and the cone separated from the suspension on both and its made me wonder if it was the company kuz it just didnt make sense to me

Edited by xf1v3xf33txf4tx

now i doubt you were running the full 1000w to those 2 subs with the gain so low. unless you had a headunit with like 5v preouts or something.

if the company says that the subs handle LESS power than the advertised rms number, then that is a shitty company.

Edited by Kranny

• 2 weeks later...

i just got 2 12 alpine type s and had them in for a week with low gains and turned the gain up a little more monday and they ran great then tuesday on the way home the subs just cut off and when i checked only one was blow(coil scraping) and the other was just fine and i couldnt figure it out but i remember something when i tookthe blown sub out. if the wire from the ground terminal comin from the non blown becomes disconnected from the blown sub would that make more power run to the blown sub causin it to blow

Edited by xf1v3xf33txf4tx