Sonic Electronix

Ok, i know this is definatley an object and not one you see very often but I sail and race in boats that range anywhere from 16-20 feet and i have always wanted to put some type of system in one so i could listen to music while i sailed but i dont know where to start with this type of thing since there is no engine or alternator. I am curious as to what all would be involved to put a very simple 2 to 4 speaker system in a boat. Room wouldn't be an issue cause everything would be mounted in the deck and inside the hull. What do you guys think. :rolleyes:

1996 Mercury Sable Stationwagon

- Infinity Kappa 682.7 cf's front and back

- Alpine Pdx-4.100

- Hifonics Txi 1008D

- Fi 12" Q, ported at 33Hz

- Kicker distribution hardware

- (1) Kicker 4 gauge run

Plans....

- Sound Processor (Rockford 3sixty.2 or MTX)

- Dynamat

- another Fi Q 12

- H/O alternator

- Aftermarket Headunit

- Component set for upfront

a simple generator to power a battery or 2 preferred, a cd player or multi media player (depends on your taste- mp3 or cd, or tape) then run new speakers all the way around. You would have to keep the small generator (only really needed if your out for a long time)- in an enclosed water safe area, vented for exhaust if you wanted to use one.

The battery/generator issue is really only based on how loud and how long you will want to be out on the water playing music- if you dont want to use a generator, 2 batteries would be a minimum to keep the system running for a few hours blarin loudly.....

I used to work for Skylon Sports, and we did marine audio I would say about 75% of the time, tower speakers, 5 channel amps, speakers cut in to fiberglass walls, even boat alarms.

might want to check out there website, and if you live near Sac or LA, drive your boat to thier install centers for a good professional- FACTORY install\

www.skylonsports.com

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived