Sundown Audio

hifonics hifi2000d amp, blown need some advice

9blazer8

hi i have a hifonics 2000d amp well i blew it up by just turning the gain up a hair seriously a touch but now its blown i took the back plate off and i see on the side theres black marks on the corner but maybe someone could help me out maybe its a easy repair because when i hook it back up it still powers up but no sound comes out. im not sure if that helps but i have pictures of what im talking about to.

amp2-.jpg

amp2.jpg

If you can't look at it and know whats wrong than its probably out of your understanding and capabilities when it comes to repairing it. Not trying to be an ass. I have no idea how to repair amps..thats why I dont try..you can ruin other components if you mess up soldering. Not only that but there could be problems elsewhere that caused that particular part to blow. There could be other bad components that you would have no idea until you replaced the burnt stuff go to power it and poof..there goes something else.

Honestly you could try and have it repaired but I would take the money its going to cost and use it on a Skar1500 or something like that maybe a BC2000. Theres a reason hifonics is cheap. I used the BRZ amp for a while but if it ever took a crap on me i would just throw it away.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

http://cashforelectronicscrapusa.com/?cid=332&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=Buy%20electronic%20scrap&utm_campaign=CashForElectronicScrapContent&gclid=CKvo_8-u27ECFWIaQgodJkoAJg

Maybe you can get a few bucks and use it towards a new amp. Also you could throw in any other old or broken electronics you have.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

well the only reason i opened it up and looked at it is because i thought it had to be something simple because it powers on and on the side the green light lights up could it be something simple i need some alright advice i dont plan on using the amp i would like to patch it and sell it its just laying around

Archived