Second Skin Audio

Need help with bracing for 6 18's box!!

threaded rod> 2x4's all day everyday.. all thread isnt all that hard to put on just takes a little time

Well with threaded rod, would I need to go side to side too? Because my box design is about as wide as I can make it. So i wouldn't have an extra couple inches to put the rod and lock nut on the outside of the box.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

are you going from wheel to wheel with your box? as far as width?

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

I had planned on it. Need all the room I can get. that box is gonna squeeze in there.

Audio Build

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

466rwhp

Bike

going from the inner wheel to wheel you should have room on the side for bracing..i did a 6 15's box for a buddy pretty similar to what youre doing and had all thread bracing on the sides like im talking and had plenty of room to do it

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

going from the inner wheel to wheel you should have room on the side for bracing..i did a 6 15's box for a buddy pretty similar to what youre doing and had all thread bracing on the sides like im talking and had plenty of room to do it

Ok, I will redesign the box and see what I can come up with. How many braces do you think I would need? Would 3 top to bottom between each pair of subs and 3 side to side do it? I would think that would be more than enough.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

2 to the side should suffice honestly..just space them evenly and flex shouldnt be a giant issue..also one you may want to think about is back to front.. wheres the plan to mount the amp?

yeah youll have to brace the port as well wasnt gonna get into that part yet lol couple piece of all thread going through the port top to bottom would do it