QSC Audio Purchase Plans v2.0

Well, I've decided to break down and incorporate my sound business and go large scale. Where I live, there's an open field for a "cheaper" pro audio section, as well as professional DJ service. You usually only have two choices in the area, and that's either one-man shows (which I've been doing) or go with a higher up company who charges ridiculous prices for essentially the same thing. My plan is to have two separate "departments" one being the Live Sound Reinforcement portion of the business, running sound for bands, public address, etc. The other part, in conjunction with a few friends, is going to be the DJ end of things, mostly weddings/dances/corporate events. I've already found a few of my friends I can trust and know what they're doing, in association with a few local wedding DJ's. ANYWAYS here's what I've got planned to purchase:

All QSC audio products: 4 KW153's, 8 KW181's, 4-6 KW122's, 4 K12's, & 4 K8's. It's going to be an expensive buy, but the hope is to have multiple systems available for different events. Mainly trying to have a large system for outdoor events, possibly up to 1,000 people, and also have two other systems available for smaller band gigs (which will be my EV's) as well as wedding ceremonies/receptions. I also plan on picking up the two smaller Studiolive boards for use, as well as a couple DBX Driverack units for processing.

This will be a part build log/part review. I hope to have everything going by the end of the year, in time for the holiday season/New Years. It's a risky move if I do take it, but hopefully I will have everything going in full swing.

POTATO!

I am highly jealous right now, my company is in the poop :(

Why the k8's btw?

I think you should chuck some KLA's into the mix so you have a family :)

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

I am highly jealous right now, my company is in the poop :(

Why the k8's btw?

I think you should chuck some KLA's into the mix so you have a family :)

The K8's will be for ceremony music, possibly vox, and for dinner music. I'd like to get a complete wedding system, hence the K8's. I plan on the KLA's as well, but until I can get some lifts or a stage, then not much of a point yet, lol. I've been looking at clips of the dB DVA series, particularly the T4's and S20's, they have me intrigued.

POTATO!

Little update, dealer I've been talking with is cutting me a good deal on the system, over 20% off! I'll take it! Haha. No, but really, it gives me a few thousand $$ to play with.

Also, at a small gig I did tonight, the owner of a local restaurant is wanting to purchase a mobile stage trailer, and he said he will work with me on renting it out if I needed it. SCORE!

POTATO!

Awesome man!! Fucking wish it was easy to get deals down here but its so expensive to import stuff the dealer ( yes there is only one) for qsc won't budge on price.

Can't wait to see you get it all together! You got an iPad for the Presonus?

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Awesome man!! Fucking wish it was easy to get deals down here but its so expensive to import stuff the dealer ( yes there is only one) for qsc won't budge on price.

Can't wait to see you get it all together! You got an iPad for the Presonus?

I'll talk to this guy and see what he can do about shipping overseas. Yeah, I have one (with a cracked screen, my fault lol) but need a Macbook...the guy I talked to already sold it before I could even try...

POTATO!

Dont worry about it. I don't have the need for them. I just want them :) lol

The iPad makes the Presonus a million times better ae?!

Dont worry about it. I don't have the need for them. I just want them :) lol

The iPad makes the Presonus a million times better ae?!

Lol, I'll ask him anyways incase. The K series are going in my inventory as well.

From what I've seen, it will help a lot. Just having a computer hooked to the board will, a lot.

POTATO!

Sweet as. Yeah, I'm doing a show on the 1st of September. And was trying to decide if I wanted to use my 40channel analogue or the Presonus. Haha I went for the analogue and a butt load of outboard

Sweet as. Yeah, I'm doing a show on the 1st of September. And was trying to decide if I wanted to use my 40channel analogue or the Presonus. Haha I went for the analogue and a butt load of outboard

That's what I'm trying to prevent, lol. The most I want on my table is two Studiolive 24's, a rack of EQ's for foldback, and a separate mixer for playback music...oh, and stripper poles, need the stripper poles!

POTATO!

Archived