Advice About College And Being Responsible

So I went to Texas Tech this fall. Before the fall i went out to tech in the summer for that internship with the EE dept., and as i was doing that, i took a summer class, calculus I. I got a D in the class, and since that was technically a semester, i was immidietly put on academic probation, a D was a 1.00 for my GPA. So this fall i needed to get a 2.00 or better to be off of probation, and if i did not get it, i would be suspended. Well, I of coruse slacked off, became the most unresponsible ive ever been in my life, and blew school off. So when this semester ended i was suspended. However thats not the worst part. My plan was to go back home for this upcoming spring semester and go to a local community college, take my classes over and start over kind of. Well it turns on that when you are suspended, you are suspended from every single Texas Public college/university, even junior colleges. So i can not go anywhere this semester, and now i will be a year behind. So if you get put on academic probation, dont fuck up. You will be out of school for even longer.

I do feel like i got screwed, because after only one class i was put on probation, but thats how it is. Anyways, its not the worst thing in the world, but it definetly isnt great.

Baylor University

Accounting

I went crzy for two reasons. My girlfriend that i went to college with broke up with me the first day i got there. and the second reason is because i was so sheltered and protected before college, my parents made every single desicion for me, literally. They chose what i did, when i did it and how i did it. I had freedom for the first time and was independent, didnt handle it very well.

Baylor University

Accounting

i work for a large non profit that deals with college debt and student debt. I talk to alot of students like yourself that had not really been prepared for college... and let me tell ya, there are lots of people like that. College is a huge deal, and most high schools really do not prepare you for what college is all about. What i would suggest would be to really just give it sometime. Maybe leave the college sense for now, and when you are ready, and can handle actually going to class and bettering your academic performance, then go back. If you are not ready, you will burn bridges and just get yourself in lots of debt. I personally have not went to college, i recently turned 21 and knew that if i would have went into college right out of high school, i would have failed.... hard... i like to party way to much right now, to have to worry about school, and bettering myself. Its just a choice that i knew i had to make... and i plan on attending class in the future when i have settled down. College is not for everybody, but if you give yourself the proper mind frame, and are really ready to push forward with your future go for it. Just kind of my .02 on the deal

Hey man im kinda in the same boat, at the end of the fall semester i had a 1.95 GPA. That caused me to go into acedmic probation as well, and i have on semester to bring it above a 2.0, shouldent be hard at all as long as I DONT fail another class. I never been one for stuidying or doing home work in highschool so now i realised what it takes to get through college. Good luck man

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

I hear ya'll on that. I wasn't ready for college and totally fucked up. I graduated with more scholorships than i could handle. My first year of college i was pocketing $9,000 in scholorship money a semester!! But i was slacking off and partied my ass off. I was on probation, then suspened and was threatened to be expelled. I ended up leaving the school got a really high paying job ($50,000 +) and now im bout to go back to school. But there are days i wish i would have just focused and finished so i dont have to do this job and school at the same time. But for anyone readin this stick in there tough it out. It sucks now but imagine trying to get your degree when you have a full time job, a morgage, maybe a fam and other real life responsiblities. Oh yeah and im turning 21 in two weeks so i consider myself lucky to not fall farther.

Edited by talentfinder36

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder