Ok so I'm getting conflicting answers on if this is the correct way to wire.

With that amp you should be fine with your stock alt and the 3 batteries you have. After you upgrade your charge wire (alt to first battery) see what your voltage looks like and if it doesn't drop more than .5 volts you will be good to go. Or you can add another battery just to be on the safe side. But if you want to know for sure you have enough amperage then just get a bigger alt and then you can use two batteries and not have any problems.

I hate when people give crappy advice.

Oh really...

Yall think that maybe that's the reason his voltage is dropping? Maybe the batteries are stressing his alternator more than necessary when he's playing music?

Just speculating. I'd take a few batteries out for shits and giggles and see what happens.

Yes because the batteries are depleting at a rate faster than the alt can recharge them due to two factors. One there isn't an adequate pathway from alt to battery and the alt is on the small side and cant dedicate enough amperage to the extra batteries.

LOL. okay, so it takes roughly maybe 50 amps to run the car with various accessories on like lights etc. couple that with around 50 amps to charge the batteries. thats around 100 right there. so that will leave 60 amps left for the amp, that can draw 150 amps, to use. this is while driving, mind you. not at idle.

LOL at getting conflicting answers...only to come on here and get conflicting answers.

3M-Bad-Advice.jpg

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

I have 3 extra Batts because they are small Batts. I have 2 kinetic hc600's and 1 stinger spv44. Yea, and I know you're going to say get one big batt. But this is a big upgrade from the power caps I had before and I got a really good deal on these batteries.

I'd say it's probably closer to 25-30a for charging the batteries. And at it's peak the amp will draw 150 amps if they are available. How often are you maxing out a car audio amplifier when just riding around?

I'd say it's probably closer to 25-30a for charging the batteries. And at it's peak the amp will draw 150 amps if they are available. How often are you maxing out a car audio amplifier when just riding around?

I do that shit fucking daily

Nothing but old school!

01 Saturn SL1

Sony CDX GT500 H/U

Polk DB651 in front doors

Profile AMP121 on Polks

US Amps USA400 on sub

One 12" Cadence Ultra 6ohm

...the amp doesn't look at your electrical system and go "oh, theres only 40 amps i can use up before the alternator is outputting 100% power, i better only take that much then." no. amps are stupid. they do what you tell them to do. if you drive them into clipping, they'll clip til they protect or blow. if you drop the voltage, they'll just pull more amperage to compensate for it (depending on the amp technology, that is).

Archived