ive got a gateway computer, idk what type, but i want to upgrade it so i can run newer games at higher fps.

i dont know very much about computers, and dont know what to upgrade first, psu or graphics card, i already put 2g of ram(max my motherboard can take). i dont know any other info about it. any suggestions will be helpful :)

Laptop or Desktop? Laptop means no possibility of a graphics card or CPU upgrade. Desktop means you can upgrade anything you want. What's the current wattage of your PSU? Knowing it's a prebuilt computer it's probably around 300 watts. Upgrading to a real-deal graphics card will require a newer beefier Power Supply, around 500-700 watts. What's the name of your current processor? Go to start menu > "Device Manager" in the search bar > Processors. That will tell you. Once that is stated we can go further.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Without knowing the actual model of motherboard it's hard to say what you can do. But being an older gateway I will bet it's safe to say you don't have many options, at least none that would be worth spending your money on.

i have a desktop, my processor is a intel pentium d 820 dual core and my motherboard is a ati radeon express 200

You are better off building a new PC. You are about six years behind the times man. The ati radeon express 200 is the graphics chipset used on the motherboard.

If the CPU is a Pentium D 820 and the RAM maxes out at 2GB it's definitely not worth throwing any money into for a gaming machine. What kinds of games were you looking to play? You can build a nice mid-level machine for a few hundred bucks.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Not sure if you can read this. But I threw together a budget build for you, assuming your current hard drive is going to be reused.

Capture-1.jpg

If you can't read that:

MZXT M59 Black Steel Case (Just threw that particular case in, you can choose a different one if you want)

ASUS GTX 560 1GB Graphics Card

ASUS Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive

Raidmax Hybrid 530SS Power Supply

G. Skill 4gb (2x2) 1600 Dual Channel RAM

ASRock Fatal1ty p67 Performance Motherboard

Intel core i3 2100

This setup wll play BF3 at high settings at at least 45+fps if Antialiasing is kept down to 2X.

I've built numerous computers for friends and clients using these parts more than a few times and they are all very reliable and durable parts. If you need help figuring out how to build a computer there is a bunch of DIY videos on youtube and on Newegg. It's a lot more straight forward than people think.

Edited by Raptorman

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

im not looking for a high performance system, i just want something that can play some of the newer games at 30+ fps

Not sure if you can read this. But I threw together a budget build for you, assuming your current hard drive is going to be reused.

Capture-1.jpg

If you can't read that:

MZXT M59 Black Steel Case (Just threw that particular case in, you can choose a different one if you want)

ASUS GTX 560 1GB Graphics Card

ASUS Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive

Raidmax Hybrid 530SS Power Supply

G. Skill 4gb (2x2) 1600 Dual Channel RAM

ASRock Fatal1ty p67 Performance Motherboard

Intel core i3 2100

This setup wll play BF3 at high settings at at least 45+fps if Antialiasing is kept down to 2X.

I've built numerous computers for friends and clients using these parts more than a few times and they are all very reliable and durable parts. If you need help figuring out how to build a computer there is a bunch of DIY videos on youtube and on Newegg. It's a lot more straight forward than people think.

this looks good, cant afford it right now though, i need to save up some money.

What kind of budget do you have?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt