Second Skin Audio

Kicker L7

dl9890

You do no that they require nilly the same gross as most 18"

I ran my single L715 in 7cuft net with 90sq" of port on 1k, in a trunk car and it slammed for what it was,

Idd recomemend 5-6cuft 36-37hz 750-1k each, if you like it loud

What do you mean "Nilly?"

Yeah, I love my 2 12" CVR's I don't know why people are so against them. I feel like my system is louder than some peoples 2,000 or even 3,000 watt systems sometimes.

And of course I like it loud! I have a DX1000.1 (2011 model) The amp is pretty amazing if you ask me.

yea i know there are also many greater subs out there but i believe in work with what you have. if you like kicker go for it its your system and your taste. now how loud it gets depends on you there are many factors that come to play. ive had people hear my l7s and everybody so far has liked them

-2000 chevy tahoe 5.3 liter v8

-two DC audio level 3 15 inch subwoofers

-2 pairs of infinity kappa 60.9cs components

-rockford fosgate t1500.1bd for subs

-rockford fosgate t400.4bd for mids and highs

-alpine deck

-big 3 upgrade 0 gauge power cable

-optima yellow top battery

-custom made subwoofer enclosure 6 cubic feet tuned at 35hz

Yeah my one friend has a single L7 15 on a 1500watt amp and it sounds really really good. But a lot of people on here were saying that you can do a lot better for your money. But I was thinking getting 2 15" L7's and getting another DX1000.1 and each sub could have its' own amp. I'm not sure, I think i'm over thinking things. But I've made mistakes before with systems so I want to be sure this time, ya' know?

And also like someone said above, is it true the circular subs sound better than square? If so, I'll get 2 12" CVX's

yea i get you and some people are right. there are better subs for the price but that all depends how much you pay. in my opinion kicker isnt bad. is there better? ovcourse that all depends on your budget. for me two 15 inch l7s with the right box and 2000 watts going to them i know u will not be dissapointed. just make sure you have the right wires battery and space that the subs need to get pretty loud

-alpine deck

right right, of course there are better subs, kicker isn't a competition subwoofer. In my eyes it isn't but I love kicker and have had them since the day I got my license. I'm kind of mixed between the L7 and the CVX cause I have a box already for 2 12s and I dunno about makin a new box. It wouldn't be a problem but i dunno. I guess i'll just do some research though. Your system looks pretty sweet from the pic you got.

ive ran kicker subs in most my car until current, and cant faulted them, i still run there amps

my single L7 as i said before was in 7cuft net,

kicker recommend up to 6net each,

look at this way, they have cone area on a 17" round sub, and perform like it, in the right box

right right, of course there are better subs, kicker isn't a competition subwoofer. In my eyes it isn't but I love kicker and have had them since the day I got my license. I'm kind of mixed between the L7 and the CVX cause I have a box already for 2 12s and I dunno about makin a new box. It wouldn't be a problem but i dunno. I guess i'll just do some research though. Your system looks pretty sweet from the pic you got.

well ive owned cvx subs before and they will give u alittle better sq while the l7 will give you more spl not a huge difference tho. id recomend eighter :) and thanks man :)

-alpine deck

Well, you wanna stick with Kicker, I'd pick the CVX over the L7, same motor, lower price tag, and due to the fact it's round, it'll sound better too.

I'm selling some brand new 2010 kicker cvxs if you live near ny

How much for for 2 of em'? I just really like L7 and how they sound. I found a few on hifisoundconnection.com I believe for 229$ I'm only 17 and don't want to blow all my money on a system cause I'll probably get a new car down the line buy for now 2 12's or 1 15 is what i'm looking at. I know CVX are the same as L7 just circle. I just don't know, so many subwoofers.

Pm'd

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Archived