2012 Challenger Trunk Build, 2 RE SEx 15's, HiFonics GLX 1400.1D

412219_4055766593440_249322786_o.jpg

Alright guys, first build for this car.. 4th system ever. First time building a box, and first time doing 100% of the wiring myself! I started off with a few basic ideas of a ported box and quickly ran into the issue of small indentations on the inside of the trunk.. Well I ended up switching to sealed, and I picked up my sheet of MDF last night. So, I picked up a GLX 1400.1 D last wednesday, and 2 RE SEx 15's. I bought 6 foot of Knu 4 gauge ( Thank god for trunk batteries and fuse boxes ).

First heres the equipment i'm working with.

35k2wko.jpg

2ziajqc.jpg

rm05xj.jpgFirst thing we did last night, was come up with a really mediocre layout of how we were going to cut the boards off the sheet, and exactly where to cut them.. well of course us being stupid as we are and rushing as quickly as we could we ended up screwing it up. Thankfully, my dad being a carpentry genius, managed to salvage our plans and still make the board work + a little bit of wood lying around.

Ripped up the boards this morning with pops.. pretty large for a sealed box in my opinion!

33xkidk.jpg

Because I am working with such a small front, I decided to double up on the front ending up with a 1.5" bezel, conquered that first as the glue needed to be 100% dry before we threw it on the box. You can also see my little scrap of paper throw on top of it we used to calculate.. no wonder it came out bad, lol.

2nbu71k.jpg

Next thing we did was attach the back to the sides, since we couldn't do much yet since the front needed quite some time to dry. We were going to use screws, but dad pulled out some crazy hardwood dowels that he 100% backed were twice as strong as nails as they are ribbed, and make all of the glue spread equally across the holes. Kinda something different with sub boxes, maybe it'll work just as good as he says.. if not i'm not past rippin' them out and throwing some screws in instead.

208vhib.jpg

2ahurt5.jpg

Next thing we did was attach the back and sides to the bottom. Took a little bit of finess as the boards were not square when we picked them up.. but we fixed pretty well.

xmshuv.jpg

289l7qe.jpg

2012 TORed Challenger

4 Alpine Type-R 10

1 Brutus 2400.1

20' Knu 1/0 OFC

1 XS Power D1200

i8YxD.jpg

Pops doing some measurements for the holes.. Loves this stuff as much as I do, lol.

34xhurm.jpg

34xhurm.jpg

Threw the baffle in now, had to use wood lying around for this part.. Only thing that my sheet couldn't cover.

21whi1.jpg

Pulled off the doubled up front, and cut out the holes for the subs. Came out quite well i'd say, really thick :). That obvious mess up in the top hole was sanded over later, and is now flush.

34gu92v.jpg

sv2dmu.jpg

Threw the front on the box, and started putting in dowels to mount it. Still love how thick the front of this is..

jz72w8.jpg

hvnyf9.jpg

How it looks sitting right. Love it.

5lpcg3.jpg

All sanded down and smooth looking pretty..

35cj2mx.jpg

vmwupe.jpg

Hooked up the line out converter, and ran the power wire. Also a picture showing the awesome setup in the trunk with battery + fuse box right there.

kokg7.jpg

xlmj2o.jpg

More to come tomorrow.. not enough sunlight left today to get it primered sanded then painted.. All of it will be hooked up tomorrow. Too damn excited :)

2012 TORed Challenger

4 Alpine Type-R 10

1 Brutus 2400.1

20' Knu 1/0 OFC

1 XS Power D1200

i8YxD.jpg

Bonus picture..

8033_4276269665879_94153896_n.jpg

Finished wiring my terminals this morning, left one was done by my dad.. whom is a surgeon. He very precisely put it everywhere other than the nut.

420117_4372933522415_211935599_n.jpg

Added a place on the back of the box last night before finishing up for the amp to mount, came out really well this morning and ran the router around it to smooth it up.

zjia0x.jpg

Threw on the first coat of primer, currently waiting for it to dry so we can sand it down and I can start painting!

2jbuvkk.jpg

So close, yet so far away. Should have everything in by noon. Sorry for the shakiness here!

1zv2ykk.jpg

2012 TORed Challenger

4 Alpine Type-R 10

1 Brutus 2400.1

20' Knu 1/0 OFC

1 XS Power D1200

i8YxD.jpg

It will, and looking good so far, and nice car too.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Threw on bottom half of the paint.. now dried.

2n1cegz.jpg

And.. my biggest step towards completion yet, completed paint! Everything is in place, and will be 100% done in about 3 hours. :) I also gave my dads work bench a cool new custom paint job. lol

15jcrs.jpg

2012 TORed Challenger

4 Alpine Type-R 10

1 Brutus 2400.1

20' Knu 1/0 OFC

1 XS Power D1200

i8YxD.jpg

Archived