Sundown Audio

Which Fosgate Amp w/Stock Electrical

yeah my guess is your ohms rise was closer to 2 ohms. i never seen a fosgate do less then rated even on poor electrical(at a short burp period) also how long did you burp it?

yeah my guess is your ohms rise was closer to 2 ohms. i never seen a fosgate do less then rated even on poor electrical(at a short burp period) also how long did you burp it?

I did the measurement as an after thought for a physics final project last year, the actual goal was to measure the efficiency of the amp, I had probably been running a tone for about 8 to 10 min total that day. The amp can do the power I know it can, fosgate is awesome, it's my sorry excuse for an alternator that is letting me down

My alternator is rated at 145 amps according to Cadillac.

2088 watts to work with so you probably could get 1000 watts especially if you wire to 2ohms the amp is significantly more efficient at that "resting" load

So, to run the T2500 reliably, I'll need a Mechman Alt and an XS D3100. Since the time I posted this a few days ago I have all but decided that a new Alt and battery will be purchased shortly after acquiring the amp.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

My alternator is rated at 145 amps according to Cadillac.

2088 watts to work with so you probably could get 1000 watts especially if you wire to 2ohms the amp is significantly more efficient at that "resting" load

So, to run the T2500 reliably, I'll need a Mechman Alt and an XS D3100. Since the time I posted this a few days ago I have all but decided that a new Alt and battery will be purchased shortly after acquiring the amp.

That sounds like plenty the t2500 is lovely if I wasn't so poor...

i would do at least 2 D3100. are you running a stock battery or only planing on using the one d3100

I was planning on just running a D3100 as the only battery in the truck. That decision is based on the XS wattage chart. That chart claims the D3100 is good for 4000 watts when used as the vehicle's primary battery. Is that chart accurate, or should I not go by that?

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ