saz1500d v1 - stock wiring ok? or second battery/big3 ??

So several people from CL have told me I need a second battery for the SAZ1500D v1.

Is this true? Everything in my car is stock.

I was thinking of getting a second battery for starters.

Also, how big of wire should I run if the battery is 4 feet from the amp? Right now I have 4 awg.

I found a yellow optima on CL for $100 with about 4 hours use on it.

Do I need an optima or can I just get any battery?

Any help appreciated

BTW sub is american bass VFL extreme 15" 1500w rms dual 2 ohm, so the amp would be pushing 1500w rms @ 1 ohm

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

I would start with the big 3 for beginners, yellow top isnt the best battery but it can do the job. Do you have a stock alternator as well?? Running a 1500 watt amp you can run 0 gauge wire. Thats a big amp and if you keep everything stock you are going to get mad voltage drop, which intern can ruin your amp.

2005 Chevy Colorado

Pioneer avic-x930bt

Alpine pdx-m12

Alpine pdx-f4

Focal is 165

Focal ic 165

Sundown SA 15 D4

Kicker 0/1 OFC power wire

Kicker 12 awg speaker wire

XS Power D2400

DC Power 270 H/O Alt

I would start with the big 3 for beginners, yellow top isnt the best battery but it can do the job. Do you have a stock alternator as well?? Running a 1500 watt amp you can run 0 gauge wire. Thats a big amp and if you keep everything stock you are going to get mad voltage drop, which intern can ruin your amp.

Yeah my alternator is stock.

I am getting a lot of different feedback from everyone

From what I have gathered so far:

Box is 4 cubic feet, and is supposed to be 3 cubif feet. The extra cubic foot is for more power handling, and with only 1500w rms, I am getting "box rise" and the amp is sending a clipped signal and thats why I keep smelling burning while playing fairly loud.

The guy that demo'd this same amp and his 2 dc 900w rms 12's had everything stock, but had a very small box (looked like 2 cubes) and had 0 awg wire.

So it just seems like I need to maybe upgrade my wiring to the amp (although the diagram said 1440 watts with 4' of 8awg, I think the amp load comes into play with bigger wire) and either make the box smaller or build a smaller one.

I am thinking of puting some pieces of wood inside the box and using some foam sealer or something to take away about 1 cubic foot if possible.

I only have a DMM so I'm going to try to rig some wires from the amp to the DMM in the front so I can monitor the voltage and see how that's doing.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

I have that same exact amp in my car. You NEED 1/0 gauge for it, you NEED the big 3 also in 1/0 gauge and you NEED at least a good starter battery. Mine sucks the shit outta my voltage and it's wired at 2 ohms right now, but I only have a Redtop up front and it's shit, I also have the big 3 and one run of 1/0 gauge to my amp.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

I have that same exact amp in my car. You NEED 1/0 gauge for it, you NEED the big 3 also in 1/0 gauge and you NEED at least a good starter battery. Mine sucks the shit outta my voltage and it's wired at 2 ohms right now, but I only have a Redtop up front and it's shit.

is the 1/0 needed because of the amperage being pulled through the wires?

as I said before, the guy I bought the amp from had everything stock, but had huge wires (don't know the exact size) and his shit was slamming way louder than this 15". shaking the head liner off and everything

can I just bundle up several 4awg wires? I have enough to do 2 or 3 since the battery is 4' from the amp. does the ground for the battery also need the same amount as the positive?

I have that same exact amp in my car. You NEED 1/0 gauge for it, you NEED the big 3 also in 1/0 gauge and you NEED at least a good starter battery. Mine sucks the shit outta my voltage and it's wired at 2 ohms right now, but I only have a Redtop up front and it's shit.

is the 1/0 needed because of the amperage being pulled through the wires?

as I said before, the guy I bought the amp from had everything stock, but had huge wires (don't know the exact size) and his shit was slamming way louder than this 15". shaking the head liner off and everything

can I just bundle up several 4awg wires? I have enough to do 2 or 3 since the battery is 4' from the amp. does the ground for the battery also need the same amount as the positive?

You can bundle up the 4 gauge, but I would only make that temporary until you can afford 1/0 gauge. If your gonna buy something, might as well at least hook it up the way it's meant to to get the most out of it. And comparing your subs to his is like comparing apples to oranges, there's too many factors that could determine how his performed compared to yours.

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

And your ground needs to be the same size, if not bigger than the positive.

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

Why won't several 4awg lines work? The amperage going through it?

Someone told me this amp pulls 180 amps at full tilt. is that true?

Re-read what I wrote. I said it would work, but you don't want that to be your permanent setup. Use the amp with the correct power and ground to get the most out of it. And I can't tell u exactly how many amps it pulls, I've never tested mine, but my car definitely couldn't handle the voltage drop from running this thing to its full power. It's a beast of an amp, for sure. I love sundown products, especially their amps, it's one of the many great brands on this site.

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

Re-read what I wrote. I said it would work, but you don't want that to be your permanent setup. Use the amp with the correct power and ground to get the most out of it. And I can't tell u exactly how many amps it pulls, I've never tested mine, but my car definitely couldn't handle the voltage drop from running this thing to its full power. It's a beast of an amp, for sure. I love sundown products, especially their amps, it's one of the many great brands on this site.

well that's what puzzles me

the guy who I bought it from had everything stock except for the 0awg wire to the amp. Is that ALL That it needs? or would it still be getting voltage drop? BTW the guy had a cigarette lighter voltage meter and never went under 13 volts.

Archived