Second Skin Audio

2.5 cubic feet box and port size any help

Brad Smith

I've got a concept cex-12" if any one can tell me a good port size I'm building the box for this sub but and going too be using something way bigger that's why I'm over sizing the box. Thanks. Hope some one can help me out with this so I can start my build soon. B-)

Going to being useing a better sub but for now was just going to use the concept sub for now I'm building the box too fit in the truck of my bmw318-is. And right now it's in a junk ass bandbass box that bows like a Bitch just trash box I'm going 1" and want to use 2.0-2-5 cubic feet box don't know really much about ports and sizeing them the size I want to use is 25"X12"x14" but I've got room to go up too 30"x15"x15.5" max and I know that way big for one 12" or maybe run a 15" I'd like to get in the 140db or so any info would help thanks

Well, after port and sub displacement with your dimensions you are too small for a 15, but really close for a 12" Unless you want to go with round ports outside the box. And to do 140's with one sub, you will need a beefy sub. so that is more displacement and less air space yet.

I would say, in my opinion and thats what it is, is get a serious 12" and build a box to it's specs. Most people here recommend tuning in the 30's for daily. If you just want an spl monster then you will have to do some work to see what your car's resonate freq is (car's peak) and tune near it.

There are about a thousand people here that can design a box for you, some good some bad. Just get second opinions on whatever you decide to go with.

Thanks guys yea I didn't think I could go 15" and yea I'd like to tune somewhere in the 30's ill do some more looking around before I start the build

Archived