yeah this thing has been a project since the beginning of the year. want to be able to just get it on the road and cruise, i have done a new head gasket, gaskets, thermostat, hoses, radiator cap, most interior parts, front main seal, slave cylinder, link bars, bags, lines, fittings and 1 tire ( working on getting a set of 4 so i have 1 spare). having a truck and seeing it sit for months and months sucks.. lol here is a few pics of how the setup was when i got it:

2012-06-14133645.jpg

IMG_20111029_165810.jpg

i have found 8 sets of link tabs mounted on the axle and cross members, they did good work on the notches and upper brackets and things, but lacked on the link setup majorly. I was wanting to keep the gas tank in the stock location, but been thinking a fuel cell in the rear might be cool, id so then I just need to triangulate some upper bars. I have an offer for my truck right now, it is for a 84 yota that is bagged, body dropped, cowl hood, extra cab, orange paint. all i know till i get more pics sent to me of it. maybe it is time to get something new and let this money pit go to a new home.. lol

If I'm seeing this correctly... Your Lower Bare are going forward and the "H" bar is going reverse?

yeah. he had the half leaf/half square bars where the new bars are now and also from the axle to the rear of the truck. when i left the rear it pushed it forward cause they are short bars on top. lower bag brackets, shocks and i am guessing a watts link and the rear will be good to go finally. will probably take the bridge bars off and redo them as well so it looks nicer.

on the yota he wants to trade straight across, a friend saw it at a show this year and said it looks good, told him if he wanted to trade then we meet half way. i have to put wiper arms/blades on it, side mirrors and get heat in it. after that just finish the interior and the rest of the sheet metal bed. would be a nice daily i think.

I am planning on building a show truck from the ground up, might start on that next year.

went to a local show yesterday, was a nice small show, had fun, did a good amount of demos

Now you just have me confused... have you driven it that way?? Because in theroy... it wont work.

IT will lift a few inches, and then just bind up.

Not to mention you will gt HORRIBLE Pinion change, and even take a chance of the axle flipping under hard acceleration and or hard braking.

i have seen several trucks with 50/50 links on em. I get full lift out of the rear like it is. no binding at all. the pinion changes a bit, but if the frame is 5 inches off the ground it has perfect pinion, the truck has been a daily driver for 3 year or so and has been setup like this the whole time ( previous owner ). I am in hopes of doing a new upper link set up soon so it is done right.

so after ordering a pair of sa-10's and finding out the next morning that they are on national back order till dec./jan. I am waiting for the refund to go through so I can buy a pair of sa-15's. Me and my friend worked on the box design lastnight. going to be a 3/1 ratio 4th order box ported at 45-47 hertz. will be running 700watts rms to each sub for now. I hope to start building the box in a week or 2, will add pics/vids as I get things done to it.

Archived