Sonic Electronix

i got a stock alt and yellow top up front. Its winter where iam at and i take my subs and amp out due to cold weather but when iam in park and roll up any of windows my lights dim just for a second. if i turn my heater on higher they will dim, press my brakes they dim, only when iam in Park not while driving. Anyone got an answer to why?

sounds like you may have poor idle charge from the alt, maybe have it tested to ensure its not on its way out and time for a new one

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

reason i say to have it tested is because i had the sim issue the other day, i had a dead battery finaly after 1 1/2 years beating on my alt and bank of 5 batts and the van would not start, connected my dimm and i was only at 12.1 idle and reved up i could only get 12.5-12.7 not near enough to do anything lol, replaced my alt and fixed the problem... not the exact same issue but not far from it

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

yes autozone or advance do it , but you will need to take the alt off the car and take it in store to have it properly tested, my van it takes 3 mins to get it off...

Archived