Second Skin Audio

check out this 4th order

jbiddle.com

so i havent measured yet but i just bought a 1987 nissan 300zx turbo hatch back and i am thinking about doing a 4th order bandpass for it. i designed one for a 15 but i have a feeling its not gonna fit. so i may build the same exact box but with a 12 instead and when i say same box i mean same ratio for sealed to ported and same tuning and all that stuff but yeah so the one you see in the picture i posted is a 2 cubic foot rear sealed chamber and that would have 2lbs of polyfill in it. the sub would be mounted inverted. "this is for an mtx 9500 15 dual 4 that i have sitting in my room" the front chamber is 4 cubes net volume after woofer motor displacement and everything else. there are 90 degrees in ever corner other than the kerf. the port is 15.5"x5" (77.5sq inches) tuned to 45 hz with the kerfed outer edge. the plexy glass window in the front is 16x10" which is just enough room to get the sub out if i ever need to for any reason. the mtx 9500 is going to be ran on a boston acoustics gt-2200 bridged at 2 ohms giving the subs a good 900 rms but this is a sound quality system more or less. i just wanna make sure i have those deep lows in my system....

also i have a few more questions. for pure sq that still gets loud would any one recomend running a dayton audio titanic MKIII 15 i have been looking at these more and more and they have really good specs. and i thought it would be nice to keep all my speaker brands together because for my mid and high stage i am running fully active with my alpine cda-9887 head unit.

i have 2 8" dayton mid bass going to set crossover at 80hz 18db and 800hz 18db

i have 4 4" dayton mid ranges going to set crossover at 800hz 18db and 6300hz 18db

i have 4 dayton 1.25" soft dome tweeters going to set crossovers at 6300hz 24db

running the midbass and midranges off of alpine v12 mrv-f545

running the tweeters off of a boston acoustics gt-275

i think total i would be running about 550 rms to my front stage so do you think that the 700rms that the boston puts out at 4 ohms (dayton titanic mkIII) in a nice 4th order would be able to keep up or should i find a 2 ohm sub so i can get 900 rms out of my amp

408348_260228817431011_900760575_n.jpg

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint

Tune the system will not be fun. That's what you're planning is crazy !

Tune to 45Hz will be purely boom box: D

I tuned bandpass 6th and it took me a month

lol whut?

Cool looking box OP, i like it. I have used alot of dayton brand stuff in my home systems and like them alot. I couldnt say whether it would work better for you than the mtx tho

Team NorthWestSPL

Tune the system will not be fun. That's what you're planning is crazy !

Tune to 45Hz will be purely boom box: D

I tuned bandpass 6th and it took me a month

lol whut?

Cool looking box OP, i like it. I have used alot of dayton brand stuff in my home systems and like them alot. I couldnt say whether it would work better for you than the mtx tho

bandpass has imperfect impedance and group delay. bp6th is better at everything . Group delay must be equal to 10ms and max impedance remains within limits. The impedance is so not Rise !

Sry but I write through translator : (

yeah i have most of all of the stuff already i have all of the front stage i just dont have it all installed yet. im gonna be running all of it in a nissan 300zx hatch back.

beemdub why would you make the enclosures smaller. every ones is saying that those daytons run beautifully in 2 cubes sealed and i have always been told with spl you want the most volume and port area possible without over doing it

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

and i would LOVE to do a 6th order but just have never been involved in a 6th order i would need alot of help with tuning numbers and volume specs AND Stuff like that. if any one could give me like exact volume and tuning specs for a 6th order i could and tell me how much the front and rear chambers would be and what the tuning frequency would be and how much port area i should have i would love to design it and post pix on here so you guys could see what it looks like. i would love to make one and try it out. if some one could help me it would be much appreciated. heres a link to the sub

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-420

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

Archived