so... the new Behringer desk

Nuthugger :peepwall:

Liking that x32? I can't wait till I get the new SL3242AI and do a comparison between it, my buddy's x32 and another company's Soundcraft Si Compact 32...

@EdgarG, it all depends on what you're wanting to do. I could tell you to pick up a pair of Kustom 10" cabinets and go to town, but they would not last. Lol...Remember, 95% of the time, you get what you pay for.

hardly hah, we have 8 of those mig/highs that we git fir a great price. so we can hire them out cheaper.

okay maybe i like them a ittle. but im definatly not 100% jbl lol

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Nuthugger :peepwall:

Liking that x32? I can't wait till I get the new SL3242AI and do a comparison between it, my buddy's x32 and another company's Soundcraft Si Compact 32...

@EdgarG, it all depends on what you're wanting to do. I could tell you to pick up a pair of Kustom 10" cabinets and go to town, but they would not last. Lol...Remember, 95% of the time, you get what you pay for.

hardly hah, we have 8 of those mig/highs that we git fir a great price. so we can hire them out cheaper.

okay maybe i like them a ittle. but im definatly not 100% jbl lol

I wouldn't mind having an older JBL rig if it didn't require a nuclear power plant to run them, and a shit ton of amps for that matter :lol: Plus I don't like the newer JBL's sound, way too harsh IMHO. Buddy of mine has a VRX system and it killed my ears in a bad way. I'd like to see how they stack up to QSC's KLA or I've been looking at dB Tech's options still.

POTATO!

I know a company down here that has a small DVA rig (ground stacked) i want to go have a play with it some time!! they look pretty impressive. next week im doing a show which im getting a warfdale SHO series PA provided, i think they are going to sound like shit lol, owel, its all ive got.... but they take 1000wrms at 8 ohms??! so i need 8 channels at 1000w at 80hm!

I think the KLA's are good for smaller gigs that you want some nice sounding nice volume kinda deal, I wouldnt hang an array of them, the fixed position really puts me off them when it comes to hanging. like 3 boxes and you already have 90deg vertical dispersion? thats way to much!

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

I know a company down here that has a small DVA rig (ground stacked) i want to go have a play with it some time!! they look pretty impressive. next week im doing a show which im getting a warfdale SHO series PA provided, i think they are going to sound like shit lol, owel, its all ive got.... but they take 1000wrms at 8 ohms??! so i need 8 channels at 1000w at 80hm!

I think the KLA's are good for smaller gigs that you want some nice sounding nice volume kinda deal, I wouldnt hang an array of them, the fixed position really puts me off them when it comes to hanging. like 3 boxes and you already have 90deg vertical dispersion? thats way to much!

That's what I'm thinking, the KLA's for smaller gigs where more power and coverage is needed (3-4 boxes with 1-4 subs per side) and eventually get a full DVA rig. I'd like to get 8 T4's and 4 dual 18's,

POTATO!

Archived