Sonic Electronix

Guys, I recently posted about installing a new Head Unit in my girlfriends Santa Fe. BTW ( super challenging install for a double DIN) Pioneer AVH-2400bt. Bangin' Head unit but super hard to install ( also without soldering iron). So s i was installing i noticed everything still worked fine in the form of stock functions (minus steering wheel controls) then i tried connecting steering wheel controls without knowing what i was doing and seemed to have broken the interior lights. LED's backing the gauge cluster, shifter, and on the A/c panel now do not work. From the many wiring diagrams i have read there are two identified wires going into the stock harness. I had the appropriate orange and black wire attached to the dimmer function on my Head unit. The yellow wire supplies power to the "illumination" the yellow wire is labeled "illumination (+), the third unidentified but guessable wire is the small black wire, not the wire to chassis ground. there are other wires in there that i did mess with but these stuck out to me for a couple of reasons. One is that when I went to wire the steering wheel controls i forgot that the small yellow wire was Illumination (+) and hooked it up to the black wire (assumed illumination (-) wire) and at this point, im guessing, i made the error. Most of the time the dimmer wire was connected, and i seem to remember one time i was testing the HU and the interior lights still working. They seemed to have stopped working when i started messing with steering wheel controls and wired the yellow to black. So my guess is that i may have shorted the lights inside and blown a fuse. Problem: I went and took a while and studied the fuses and the car owners manual and started checking for blown fuses. None of them appeared to be blackened/ blown at all. Although, i actually only pulled two hypothesized fuses out and checked them. They weren't blown.

What do i do?! The car is literally almost un-driveable at night because there's no light on the gauges so you can't see how fast you are going.

PLEASE help or at least maybe a similar problem?

Archived